changing disk controllers on a v240 - SUN

This is a discussion on changing disk controllers on a v240 - SUN ; the disks in this machine are configured as c1t0d0 c1t0d1.I'm wondering how can you change the controller from c1 to c0...

  1. changing disk controllers on a v240

    the disks in this machine are configured as c1t0d0 c1t0d1.I'm wondering
    how can you change the controller from c1 to c0

  2. Re: changing disk controllers on a v240

  3. Re: changing disk controllers on a v240

    zechs.marquie@gmail.com wrote:
    > the disks in this machine are configured as c1t0d0 c1t0d1.I'm wondering
    > how can you change the controller from c1 to c0

    i guess the disks are c1t0d0 & c1t1d0 ?
    the cd/dvd is using c0...
    you can boot from cd or net
    mount the c1 root disk to ex. /mnt
    change all /mnt/dev/dsk.. /mnt/dev/rdsk/c1.. to c0..
    remove /mnt/dev/cfg/0, move /mnt/dev/cfg/1 to 0
    umount /dev/dsk/c1...
    halt
    ok. show-disks
    select youre boot dev
    ok. nvalias disk
    ok. setenv boot-device disk
    ok. boot -r
    i have not tried this a i type, so be careful.

    there is no problem using c1 as boot device.
    i suggest you keep the current configuration
    c1 as hard disks, c0 as cd/dvd.
    /Jörgen

  4. Re: changing disk controllers on a v240

    Jorgen Moquist wrote:
    > zechs.marquie@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> the disks in this machine are configured as c1t0d0 c1t0d1.I'm wondering
    >> how can you change the controller from c1 to c0
    >>

    > i guess the disks are c1t0d0 & c1t1d0 ?
    > the cd/dvd is using c0...
    > you can boot from cd or net
    > mount the c1 root disk to ex. /mnt
    > change all /mnt/dev/dsk.. /mnt/dev/rdsk/c1.. to c0..
    > remove /mnt/dev/cfg/0, move /mnt/dev/cfg/1 to 0
    > umount /dev/dsk/c1...
    > halt
    > ok. show-disks
    > select youre boot dev
    > ok. nvalias disk
    > ok. setenv boot-device disk
    > ok. boot -r
    > i have not tried this a i type, so be careful.
    >
    > there is no problem using c1 as boot device.
    > i suggest you keep the current configuration
    > c1 as hard disks, c0 as cd/dvd.
    > /Jörgen

    oh, just forgot you must change /etc/vfstab to reflect changes.
    /Jörgen

+ Reply to Thread