Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers - SUN

This is a discussion on Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers - SUN ; GentlePeople: I an looking for the Sun Solaris drivers for a Sun Quad FastEthernet PCI Card (Sun PN 501-5406) specifically the following CD ROM: "Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 CD-ROM" I would be willing to pay a modest sum for your ...

  1. Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers

    GentlePeople:

    I an looking for the Sun Solaris
    drivers for a Sun Quad FastEthernet
    PCI Card (Sun PN 501-5406) specifically
    the following CD ROM:

    "Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 CD-ROM"

    I would be willing to pay a modest
    sum for your trouble and shipping costs
    if you have the CD and installation
    directions.

    Alternatively is there a reliable place
    where they can be downloaded?

    BTW: I have already tried the Sun Web site.

    Question: Would the drivers be loaded
    automatically if I were to reload Solaris 8
    after installing the Quad PCI card?

    Thomas Dineen
    tdineen@ix.netcom.com

  2. Re: Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers

    Thomas Dineen wrote:
    > Question: Would the drivers be loaded
    > automatically if I were to reload Solaris 8
    > after installing the Quad PCI card?

    Yes. You don't need the CD.

    Scott

  3. Re: Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers

    Scott Howard wrote:
    > Thomas Dineen wrote:
    >
    >> Question: Would the drivers be loaded
    >>automatically if I were to reload Solaris 8
    >>after installing the Quad PCI card?

    > Yes. You don't need the CD.
    >
    > Scott

    So from that I assume you are saying the drivers and on the Solaris 10
    installation media. In that case, if someone is able to tell him the
    package name, he should be able to load it with pkgadd I would expect.

    Reinstalling the complete OS seems a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a
    walnut.

    --
    Dave K MCSE.

  4. Re: Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers

    Dave (from the UK) wrote:
    > Scott Howard wrote:
    >> Thomas Dineen wrote:
    >>
    >>> Question: Would the drivers be loaded
    >>> automatically if I were to reload Solaris 8
    >>> after installing the Quad PCI card?

    >> Yes. You don't need the CD.
    >>
    >> Scott

    > So from that I assume you are saying the drivers and on the Solaris 10
    > installation media. In that case, if someone is able to tell him the
    > package name, he should be able to load it with pkgadd I would expect.
    >
    > Reinstalling the complete OS seems a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a
    > walnut.

    pkginfo | grep qfe
    system SUNWqfed Sun Quad FastEthernet
    Adapter Driver
    system SUNWqfedu Sun Quad FastEthernet
    Adapter Driver Headers

  5. Re: Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers

    Dave (from the UK) wrote:
    > Scott Howard wrote:
    >
    >> Thomas Dineen wrote:
    >>
    >>> Question: Would the drivers be loaded
    >>> automatically if I were to reload Solaris 8
    >>> after installing the Quad PCI card?

    >> Yes. You don't need the CD.
    >>
    >> Scott

    > So from that I assume you are saying the drivers and on the Solaris 10
    > installation media. In that case, if someone is able to tell him the
    > package name, he should be able to load it with pkgadd I would expect.
    >
    > Reinstalling the complete OS seems a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a
    > walnut.

    Ooops, I see you have Solaris 8, not 10. However, that should make no
    difference.

    Someone has already posted the package names for you. I think your
    problems should be solved now.

    --
    Dave K MCSE.