reg ports open and close - SUN

This is a discussion on reg ports open and close - SUN ; how to know which port are open, and how to close then. How to change the port of ftp from 20 to 99 what is the procedure is it safficient to chage the no in /etc/services and restart the inetinit ...

  1. reg ports open and close

    how to know which port are open, and how to close then.

    How to change the port of ftp from 20 to 99 what is the procedure is it
    safficient to chage the no in /etc/services and restart the inetinit
    servive ot we need to edit /etc/inetd.conf file.

    expecting for you replay.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Sivaprasad.

  2. Re: reg ports open and close

    sivaprasad wrote:
    > how to know which port are open, and how to close then.

    netstat -an | grep LISTEN

    to close for ex. ftp, edit /etc/services
    find ftp and comment it with a #
    like:
    #ftp-data 20/tcp
    #ftp 21/tcp
    #tftp 69/udp
    edit /etc/inetd.conf
    comment, tftp dgram udp6 wait root /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
    then # pkill -1 inetd, to restart inetd
    /Jörgen

    > How to change the port of ftp from 20 to 99 what is the procedure is it
    > safficient to chage the no in /etc/services and restart the inetinit
    > servive ot we need to edit /etc/inetd.conf file.
    >
    > expecting for you replay.
    > Thanks & Regards,
    > Sivaprasad.

+ Reply to Thread