installer and creating new partition - SUN

This is a discussion on installer and creating new partition - SUN ; How can I use the installer for sol 8 or 9 installation ? How can I use it for creating solaris partition becuase I have windows partition ?...

  1. installer and creating new partition

    How can I use the installer for sol 8 or 9 installation ?
    How can I use it for creating solaris partition becuase I have windows
    partition ?

  2. Re: installer and creating new partition

    On 22 Mar 2006 08:11:02 -0800, ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > How can I use the installer for sol 8 or 9 installation ?

    Assuming Solaris for intel? First, get a set of Solaris 10 disks,
    certainly no point in installing 8 these days unless you absolutely have
    to for an old app. Short version: put the cd in the drive and boot from
    it.

    > How can I use it for creating solaris partition becuase I have windows
    > partition ?

    Post a message describing where you get stuck and we'll go from there.
    I don't remember anything unusual but it's been a while since I've
    defenestrated a system.

  3. Re: installer and creating new partition

    Can not open /../../../ Missing VTOC..

+ Reply to Thread