Help! pkgadd hanging. - SUN

This is a discussion on Help! pkgadd hanging. - SUN ; Hi all. I've never seen this one before. I'm installing several servers on a customer site. On one of the them the pkgadd command is hanging. I give "pkgadd -d " and it just sits there. Has anyone seen this ...

  1. Help! pkgadd hanging.

    Hi all. I've never seen this one before. I'm installing several servers
    on a customer site. On one of the them the pkgadd command is hanging. I
    give "pkgadd -d " and it just sits there. Has anyone seen this
    before. Unfortunately I can't reinstall the machine because of
    contractual issues. If I can't get pkgadd to run, I'm really boned.

    Thanks..

  2. Re: Help! pkgadd hanging.

    Update: Also when I attempt to do a man on pkgadd I get:

    nroff: cannot create temp file

  3. Re: Help! pkgadd hanging.

    Something was wrong with the /var/tmp directory. I fixed it and
    everything is hunky-dory again.

    Thanks to everyone that would've helped.

  4. Re: Help! pkgadd hanging.

    Hey how did you figured out that /var/tmp was a culprit??

  5. Re: Help! pkgadd hanging.

    In comp.sys.sun.admin vinsidus@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hey how did you figured out that /var/tmp was a culprit??

    If you had quoted the line "nroff: cannot create temp file", you
    would maybe have actually read it.
    If nroff is complaining about being not able to create temp. files,
    it's obvious that /var/tmp is either full or at least not writable
    by the application.

    Martin.
    --
    For the Snark's a peculiar creature, that won't
    Be caught in a commonplace way.

+ Reply to Thread