ufsdump problem - SUN

This is a discussion on ufsdump problem - SUN ; I have an Ultra10 running Solaris 8. When I try to run ufsdump on the / slice (dumping to a DAT drive) ufsdump reports an error and quits. It's happened three times out of three attempts on two different tapes ...

  1. ufsdump problem

    I have an Ultra10 running Solaris 8. When I try to run ufsdump on the / slice
    (dumping to a DAT drive) ufsdump reports an error and quits. It's happened
    three times out of three attempts on two different tapes (same drive). I'm not
    sure that the error messages were identical in detail for all three attempts.
    BTW, this slice that's being backed up reports as 94% full.

    Here, paraphrased, is one of the error messages: