SBU/EBS client for AMD processors - SUN

This is a discussion on SBU/EBS client for AMD processors - SUN ; We are running Solstice Backup 6.1 and need to backup a Sun Fire V20z with AMD Opteron 64-bit processors. I have the media for EBS 7.0 through 7.2 but none seem to have a client for AMD. Does anyone know ...

  1. SBU/EBS client for AMD processors

    We are running Solstice Backup 6.1 and need to backup a Sun Fire V20z
    with AMD Opteron 64-bit processors. I have the media for EBS 7.0
    through 7.2 but none seem to have a client for AMD. Does anyone know of
    a client for AMD based servers or if one of the x86 clients can be
    coaxed into working?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: SBU/EBS client for AMD processors

    allenjd@gmail.com wrote:
    > We are running Solstice Backup 6.1 and need to backup a Sun Fire V20z
    > with AMD Opteron 64-bit processors. I have the media for EBS 7.0
    > through 7.2 but none seem to have a client for AMD. Does anyone know of
    > a client for AMD based servers or if one of the x86 clients can be
    > coaxed into working?
    >
    > Thanks.

    It's part of the 7.3 media bundle - in there is a solaris_amd64
    directory.

    HTHs

  3. Re: SBU/EBS client for AMD processors

    Found it in Sun's Download Centre. We have had problems getting 7.2
    clients to work with our SBU 6.1 server so we may have to upgrade to
    get this working.

  4. Re: SBU/EBS client for AMD processors

    Found it in Sun's Download Centre. We have had problems getting 7.2
    clients to work with our SBU 6.1 server so we may have to upgrade to
    get this working.

  5. Re: SBU/EBS client for AMD processors

    In comp.unix.solaris allenjd@gmail.com wrote:
    > We are running Solstice Backup 6.1 and need to backup a Sun Fire V20z
    > with AMD Opteron 64-bit processors. I have the media for EBS 7.0
    > through 7.2 but none seem to have a client for AMD. Does anyone know of
    > a client for AMD based servers or if one of the x86 clients can be
    > coaxed into working?

    AMD can run x86 code fine.

    toomas

+ Reply to Thread