Sun Grid Engine 6.x - Submission Host - SUN

This is a discussion on Sun Grid Engine 6.x - Submission Host - SUN ; Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out in some configuration issue concerning the SGE. I read lots of manuals, but somehow I seem to miss the point. We have a cluster running SGE (V 6.x) with a ...

  1. Sun Grid Engine 6.x - Submission Host

    Hi,

    I was wondering if someone could help me out in some configuration
    issue concerning the SGE. I read lots of manuals, but somehow I seem
    to miss the point.

    We have a cluster running SGE (V 6.x) with a dedicated master host and
    dozens of execution hosts.
    Also we have a software, that is able to place jobs into a local SGE
    installation, that we want to keep separate from the cluster (master
    and exec hosts).

    The way I understand it, it is possible to install SGE on this
    separate computer to only be a submission host, that takes the batch
    jobs and places them into some queue of the master host.

    Somehow I don't see, how I can install SGE to only be a submission
    host. Also, I haven't found out, how I can connect this SGE
    installation to the master hosts SGE installation, so that jobs, that
    are submitted on the submission host get inserted in the queue of the
    master host.

    Can someone help me out here?

    Thanks in advanced!

    Viktor

  2. Re: Sun Grid Engine 6.x - Submission Host

    Please subscribe to the "users" mailing list and send them your
    question:
    http://gridengine.sunsource.net/proj.../maillist.html

    Rayson

    Viktor wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if someone could help me out in some configuration
    > issue concerning the SGE. I read lots of manuals, but somehow I seem
    > to miss the point.
    >
    > We have a cluster running SGE (V 6.x) with a dedicated master host and
    > dozens of execution hosts.
    > Also we have a software, that is able to place jobs into a local SGE
    > installation, that we want to keep separate from the cluster (master
    > and exec hosts).
    >
    > The way I understand it, it is possible to install SGE on this
    > separate computer to only be a submission host, that takes the batch
    > jobs and places them into some queue of the master host.
    >
    > Somehow I don't see, how I can install SGE to only be a submission
    > host. Also, I haven't found out, how I can connect this SGE
    > installation to the master hosts SGE installation, so that jobs, that
    > are submitted on the submission host get inserted in the queue of the
    > master host.
    >
    > Can someone help me out here?
    >
    > Thanks in advanced!
    >
    > Viktor