This thing is killing me!

Sun Blade 150 1.25GB RAM / 2x 120GB HD, Solaris 10

While installing Tarantella on my system I got a /var file system full
and the system crashed. Tried to boot -s and the system can't find boot
device.

Last time I was able to get access to the drive again but no matter
what I tried it would NOT boot. So I replaced the drive, restored from
my backup disk and all was ok.

I tried to load Tarantella again and the same thing happened!

After this last time I ran a couple monitor mode commands and got the
following results:

ok test-all
Testing /pci@1f,0/SUNW,m64B@13

Testing hardware registers - passed Ok
Testing RamDAC - passed Ok
Testing Frame buffer - passed Ok
Testing /pci@1f,0/ide@d

ERROR : IDE Primary Command Block register4
SUMMARY : Obs=0xff Exp=0x01 XOR=0xfe Addr=0xfff50a04
DEVICE : /pci@1f,0/ide@d
SUBTEST : selftestri-cmd-blk-reg-test4
MACHINE : Sun Blade 150 (UltraSPARC-IIe 650MHz)
SERIAL# : 57174777
DATE : 02/21/2006 11:24:34 GMT
CONTROLS : diag-level=max test-args=

/pci@1f,0/ide@d selftest failed, return code = 1
Testing /pci@1f,0/usb@c,3
Testing /pci@1f,0/firewire@c,2
Testing /pci@1f,0/network@c,1
Testing /pci@1f,0/pmu@3
Testing /pci@1f,0/ebus@c
Testing /pci@1f,0/usb@c,3/keyboard@4
Testing /pci@1f,0/isa@7/serial@0,2e8
Testing /pci@1f,0/isa@7/serial@0,3f8
Testing /pci@1f,0/isa@7/dma@0,0/parallel@0,378
Testing /pci@1f,0/isa@7/dma@0,0/floppy@0,3f0
Testing /pci@1f,0/ebus@c/flashprom@0,0
ok
ok probe-ide

Device 0 ( Primary Master )
Not Present

Device 1 ( Primary Slave )
Not Present

Device 2 ( Secondary Master )
ATA Model: WDC WD1200JB-00GVC0

Device 3 ( Secondary Slave )
Not Present
ok

Does anyone know any issues with loading Tarantella (Solaris 8 build)
on a Solaris 10 system?

I just loaded this product at work and was going to load it at home to
get a bit smarter on the product. But at $80 a pop not going to try
again! And won't be getting any smarter on Tarantella at home...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike