How to display or list package dependencies? - SUN

This is a discussion on How to display or list package dependencies? - SUN ; Hi everybody, I hope I am not asking a too basic or silly question I was looking in FAQs but I was unable to answer my question: How do you list package dependencies for installed/spooled packages? pkginfo, pkgchk seem unable ...

  1. How to display or list package dependencies?

    Hi everybody,

    I hope I am not asking a too basic or silly question

    I was looking in FAQs but I was unable to answer my question:

    How do you list package dependencies for installed/spooled packages?

    pkginfo, pkgchk seem unable to list what I am looking for.

    Let's assume I just spooled some package, and just before installing it
    I want to make sure my system satisfies what this package requires as
    dependencies.

    I know a brute force way to know this is just to do a pkgadd and then
    it will probably complain for missing dependencies. But I don't want to
    even get to that point.

    What I am looking for is something similar of what you can find for
    example in Red Hat when doing:
    $rpm --whatrequires|--requires

    Thanks a lot in advance,

    Max

  2. Re: How to display or list package dependencies?

    max wrote:

    > How do you list package dependencies for installed/spooled packages?

    That info is in the file /install/depend
    but I don't know how to query it from a "pkg" command line.

+ Reply to Thread