Recovering data from failed disks in Veritas volume manager - SUN

This is a discussion on Recovering data from failed disks in Veritas volume manager - SUN ; After I shutdown and restarted the server three disks in one volume group failed. Two of them were spare disks and one was data disk. Basically it lost all the spare disks on that volume. Is there any way I ...

  1. Recovering data from failed disks in Veritas volume manager

    After I shutdown and restarted the server three disks in one volume
    group failed. Two of them were spare disks and one was data disk.
    Basically it lost all the spare disks on that volume. Is there any way
    I can recover the data from the data disk. Any help is appreciated.

    This is a test lab server and there is no backup

  2. Re: Recovering data from failed disks in Veritas volume manager

    pls list the relat command ,ex:vxdisk list ; vxprint -th ; vxdg list ;
    and the /var/adm/messages

  3. Re: Recovering data from failed disks in Veritas volume manager

    skappen@yahoo.com wrote:
    > After I shutdown and restarted the server three disks in one volume
    > group failed. Two of them were spare disks and one was data disk.
    > Basically it lost all the spare disks on that volume. Is there any way
    > I can recover the data from the data disk. Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > This is a test lab server and there is no backup

    There are some reason why the disk fail, maybe ar broken. Do you see the
    this at format command? What tell the messages ? And if you see the disk
    with "vxdisk list" in failed was:cxtxdx try the command: vxreattach

    Bye

+ Reply to Thread