[Ultra 10] How to change monochrome terminal to color terminal? - SUN

This is a discussion on [Ultra 10] How to change monochrome terminal to color terminal? - SUN ; Hi to all! I have Ultra 10 system witch Solaris 10 installed. I've just instal mc-4.6.0-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz with all of the needed libraries. When i'm trying to run: #./mc -c (of course in suitable catalog) i have only black-white (monochrome) Midnight ...

  1. [Ultra 10] How to change monochrome terminal to color terminal?

    Hi to all!
    I have Ultra 10 system witch Solaris 10 installed.
    I've just instal mc-4.6.0-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
    with all of the needed libraries.

    When i'm trying to run:
    #./mc -c (of course in suitable catalog)

    i have only black-white (monochrome) Midnight Commander
    So my question is :
    How to enable colors on the command line terminal?

    As far as i know it depends on one of the commands from OBP
    probably from "screen" section but i can't find solution for this problem.

    Can anyone help me?
    What is "magic" command in OBP wchich enables
    colours on the comand line terminal?

    (Of course on the termilal via ssh i have nice blue
    Midnigh Commander

    My video card is PGX24 (chipset ATI)

    Thaks in advance

    --
    Artur DÍbski
    http://pl.solaris-x86.org (under construction)

  2. Re: [Ultra 10] How to change monochrome terminal to color terminal?

    =?iso-8859-2?Q?Artur_D=EAbski?= writes:

    >What is "magic" command in OBP wchich enables
    >colours on the comand line terminal?

    There isn't one (yet). It's not a feature of the OBP; the
    OBP prom interface does not support color.

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

  3. Re: [Ultra 10] How to change monochrome terminal to color terminal?

    > There isn't one (yet). It's not a feature of the OBP; the
    > OBP prom interface does not support color.
    >
    > Casper
    > --

    So isn't any way to get colors
    on the comand line (when Solaris is completly booted)
    on the monitor directly connected to my PGX24 video card?

    Almost impossible...

    --
    Artur DÍbski

  4. Re: [Ultra 10] How to change monochrome terminal to color terminal?

    =?iso-8859-2?Q?Artur_D=EAbski?= writes:

    >So isn't any way to get colors
    >on the comand line (when Solaris is completly booted)
    >on the monitor directly connected to my PGX24 video card?

    Not unless you're in the windowsystems (or, on an x86 system, or possibly
    in future incarnations of the OS)

    Casper
    be fiction rather than truth.

  5. Re: [Ultra 10] How to change monochrome terminal to color terminal?

    > Not unless you're in the windowsystems (or, on an x86 system, or possibly
    > in future incarnations of the OS)
    >
    > Casper

    Many thanks Casper,
    So i must do my job with black&white
    Midnight Commander

    Best regards from Poland

    Artur Debski
    http://pl.solaris-x86.org (under construction)

  6. Re: [Ultra 10] How to change monochrome terminal to color terminal?

    Artur DÍbski wrote:

    >> There isn't one (yet). It's not a feature of the OBP; the
    >> OBP prom interface does not support color.
    >>
    >> Casper
    >> --

    > So isn't any way to get colors
    > on the comand line (when Solaris is completly booted)
    > on the monitor directly connected to my PGX24 video card?
    >
    > Almost impossible...

    You could write your own terminal emulator. Short of that your choices
    are black on white or white on black!

+ Reply to Thread