StorEdge T3 Drive Stuck - SUN

This is a discussion on StorEdge T3 Drive Stuck - SUN ; Hey folks, I have a Sun StorEdge T3 Array and I'm unable to reseat a faulted drive because the darn little black plastic release button is not releasing the drive. I know this is common to the T3s I've seen. ...

  1. StorEdge T3 Drive Stuck

    Hey folks,

    I have a Sun StorEdge T3 Array and I'm unable to reseat a faulted drive
    because the darn little black plastic release button is not releasing
    the drive.

    I know this is common to the T3s I've seen. This drive just won't
    budge.

    Does any one know how I can release the physical drive without shutting
    down the T3 itself?

    How about releasing it if I have to shut down the T3?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: StorEdge T3 Drive Stuck

    ChrisS wrote:
    > Hey folks,
    >
    > I have a Sun StorEdge T3 Array and I'm unable to reseat a faulted drive
    > because the darn little black plastic release button is not releasing
    > the drive.
    >
    > I know this is common to the T3s I've seen. This drive just won't
    > budge.
    >
    > Does any one know how I can release the physical drive without shutting
    > down the T3 itself?
    >
    > How about releasing it if I have to shut down the T3?
    >
    > Thanks,

    If it is jammed, don't get angry, get a bigger hammer!

    Sorry could not resist ;-)

    I hope you get this disk out of the array without breaking anything.

    Tom

  3. Re: StorEdge T3 Drive Stuck

    > I have a Sun StorEdge T3 Array and I'm unable to reseat a faulted drive
    > because the darn little black plastic release button is not releasing
    > the drive.
    >
    > I know this is common to the T3s I've seen. This drive just won't
    > budge.
    >
    > Does any one know how I can release the physical drive without shutting
    > down the T3 itself?
    >
    > How about releasing it if I have to shut down the T3?

    Get a small flathead screwdriver and use that to pop out the black pull tab.
    I've seen Sun engineers use a metal tool for extra leverage when pulling on
    the tab when they have replaced batteries in T3s. Otherwise once you get the
    tab released just pull really hard.

    Good luck!

  4. Re: StorEdge T3 Drive Stuck

    Hmmm. Well, I might try that - pulling harder, but I wait to see if
    anyone else has a suggestion.

    Thanks. Though I do like the idea of a "bigger hammer". LOL

+ Reply to Thread