Problem with netgroups and root equivalence in NFS shares - SUN

This is a discussion on Problem with netgroups and root equivalence in NFS shares - SUN ; I've got a problem getting a netgroup to work when setting root equivalence on an NFS share. If I explicitly declare the machine names in the share command, the clients mount the NFS share with root equivalance, If I try ...

  1. Problem with netgroups and root equivalence in NFS shares

    I've got a problem getting a netgroup to work when setting root
    equivalence on an NFS share. If I explicitly declare the machine names in
    the share command, the clients mount the NFS share with root equivalance,
    If I try to use the netgroup which contains the same machine names,
    all of the clients mount the share with root mapped to nobody.

    My NFS server and NIS master is a Solaris 7 machine, call it srvr.
    The clients are Solaris 8, 9 and 10, clnt1, clnt2 and clnt3 for example.

    I believe I have the netgroup set up correctly on the NIS master. I am
    trying to give root equivalence to all three client machines so I have
    the following in /etc/netgroup:

    srvr (srvr,-,) clnt1 (clnt1,-,) clnt2 (clnt2,-,) (clnt3,-,)
    admin-hosts srvr clnt1 clnt2 clnt3

    I have also tried the following definitions for the group:

    admin-hosts (srvr,-,) (clnt1,-,) (clnt2,-,) (clnt3,-,)

    admin-hosts (srvr.fully.qualified.domain.com,-,) \
    (clnt1.fully.qualified.domain.com,-,) \
    (clnt2.fully.qualified.domain.com,-,) \
    (clnt3.fully.qualified.domain.com,-,)

    I did a make netgroup in /var/yp and using ypmatch the netgroup seems
    to be working correctly on both the clients and the server:

    ypmatch -k admin-hosts netgroup
    admin-hosts: srvr clnt1 clnt2 clnt3

    I have unshared and shared the filesystem using the netgroup to set
    root equivalence:

    share -F nfs -o rw,root=admin-hosts -d "srvr fs1" /fs1

    and mounted the shared drive on the clients but root on the clients are
    still mapped to nobody.

    Any ideas what I might be missing here?
    --
    Paul Keusemann pkeusem@visi.com
    4266 Joppa Court (952) 894-7805

  2. Re: Problem with netgroups and root equivalence in NFS shares

    Paul Keusemann wrote:

    > Any ideas what I might be missing here?

    HI man, have you tried to share filesystem with option anon=0?

    Bye

    Fabrizio

+ Reply to Thread