Package for live upgrade: SUNVWlibC - a typo ??? - SUN

This is a discussion on Package for live upgrade: SUNVWlibC - a typo ??? - SUN ; According to this page: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817...kv5m1kk?a=view you need package SUNVWlibC in order to perform a live upgrade on a Solaris 10 system. Am I right in thinking this is a typo, since I did a full install of Solaris 10 and ...

  1. Package for live upgrade: SUNVWlibC - a typo ???

    According to this page:

    http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817...kv5m1kk?a=view

    you need package SUNVWlibC in order to perform a live upgrade on a
    Solaris 10 system.

    Am I right in thinking this is a typo, since I did a full install of
    Solaris 10 and don't have any packages beginning with SUNWV?

    sparrow /export/home/drkirkby % pkginfo | grep -i libc
    application SPROlcxs Sun Studio 11 Unbundled
    Shared libcx
    system SUNWlibC Sun Workshop Compilers
    Bundled libC
    system SUNWlibCf SunSoft WorkShop Bundled
    libC (cfront version)

    --
    Dave K

  2. Re: Package for live upgrade: SUNVWlibC - a typo ???

    Dave writes:
    > Am I right in thinking this is a typo, since I did a full install of
    > Solaris 10 and don't have any packages beginning with SUNWV?

    Yes; it's a typo. It's SUNWlibC, just like in previous Solaris
    releases.

    --
    James Carlson, KISS Network