How do I "stop + a" on Hyperterm? - SUN

This is a discussion on How do I "stop + a" on Hyperterm? - SUN ; What emulation do I need and what would be the keystroke sequence? UGH! Connected via a serial connection and want to boot from CD to install new OS. I do not have the password so I need to go the ...

  1. How do I "stop + a" on Hyperterm?

    What emulation do I need and what would be the keystroke sequence?
    UGH! Connected via a serial connection and want to boot from CD to
    install new OS. I do not have the password so I need to go the stop +
    a route.

    Thanks,
    Randy

  2. Re: How do I "stop + a" on Hyperterm?

    I believe sending a BREAK will do the trick if your terminal emulation
    is capable.

    A possible alternative would be to briefly disconnect the serial cable
    connection and then reattach.

  3. Re: How do I "stop + a" on Hyperterm?

    On 29 Dec 2005 18:23:39 -0800, "AB9GO" wrote:

    >What emulation do I need and what would be the keystroke sequence?
    >UGH! Connected via a serial connection and want to boot from CD to
    >install new OS. I do not have the password so I need to go the stop +
    >a route.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Randy

    CTL-F6-BREAK, all together. If you find out what the other emulations
    are I'd be pleased to hear about it.

    Paul

  4. Re: How do I "stop + a" on Hyperterm?

    "Paul Johnson" wrote in message
    > On 29 Dec 2005 18:23:39 -0800, "AB9GO" wrote:
    >
    > >What emulation do I need and what would be the keystroke sequence?
    > >UGH! Connected via a serial connection and want to boot from CD to
    > >install new OS. I do not have the password so I need to go the stop +
    > >a route.
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >Randy

    > CTL-F6-BREAK, all together. If you find out what the other emulations
    > are I'd be pleased to hear about it.
    >
    > Paul

    AWESOME! Dude, you have no idea how many times I have needed this Thanks!

    jcj

  5. Re: How do I "stop + a" on Hyperterm?

    "Jay C. James" writes:
    >"Paul Johnson" wrote in message
    >> On 29 Dec 2005 18:23:39 -0800, "AB9GO" wrote:
    >>
    >> >What emulation do I need and what would be the keystroke sequence?
    >> >UGH! Connected via a serial connection and want to boot from CD to
    >> >install new OS. I do not have the password so I need to go the stop +
    >> >a route.
    >> >
    >> >Thanks,
    >> >Randy

    >> CTL-F6-BREAK, all together. If you find out what the other emulations
    >> are I'd be pleased to hear about it.
    >>
    >> Paul

    >AWESOME! Dude, you have no idea how many times I have needed this Thanks!

    You shouldn't need the F6 though. Just Control-Break.

+ Reply to Thread