Sun V480 stuck in suspend mode?! - SUN

This is a discussion on Sun V480 stuck in suspend mode?! - SUN ; Hello everyone, I am installing the OS and testing a Sun V420R. As you all know the install process for Solaris 10 is rather lengthy, well I left the machine installing Solaris overnight and expected to come back in this ...

  1. Sun V480 stuck in suspend mode?!

    Hello everyone,

    I am installing the OS and testing a Sun V420R. As you all know the
    install process for Solaris 10 is rather lengthy, well I left the
    machine installing Solaris overnight and expected to come back in this
    morning and find a prompt for the Software Companion CD, but instead
    the system will not show a display! I tried moving the mouse a bit and

    tapped a few key combinations to see if i could get it to wake up but
    it seams to be non-responsive. The odd part of it is that this has
    happened a few times before -- however this is the first time I have
    encountered it durring an install. I suspect this has something to do
    with the system going into a "Suspend" mode -- but i am just not sure
    how to get it back out.

    The Num-Lock / Caps-Lock / Scroll-lock keys cycle the respective
    LED's normally which leads me to belive that I can recover from this
    without restarting the install process. Any help would be appeciated.

    I may be missing something very obvious here -- I mostly work with
    Win-Tel boxes.

    Thanks
    - Kenny_s

  2. Re: Sun V480 stuck in suspend mode?!

    Well, I have not recieved a response to this thread so I decided to
    make some progress -- I Powered the machine off (holding the power
    buton for 7 seconds) and restarted it. The system booted up and picked
    the install up from where it left off.

    Just thought I would close this off with a solution incase any other
    people run into the same thing.

    Kenny_s@hotmail.com

+ Reply to Thread