File transfer between sun boxes - SUN

This is a discussion on File transfer between sun boxes - SUN ; I have two sun boxes and how do I transfer a file between two sun boxes without a router in between ? Using a direct cable. Which type of cable I should be using ? machine 1__}-----------{___ machine 2 I ...

  1. File transfer between sun boxes

    I have two sun boxes and how do I transfer a file between two sun boxes
    without a router in between ? Using a direct cable.
    Which type of cable I should be using ?

    machine 1__}-----------{___ machine 2

    I have QGE-X card installed which has four interfaces
    and am trying to transfer file from ce1 interfaces of machine 1 to ce1
    interface of machine 2.

    Thanks
    Aravind

  2. Re: File transfer between sun boxes

    ATM wrote:

    > I have two sun boxes and how do I transfer a file between two sun boxes
    > without a router in between ? Using a direct cable.
    > Which type of cable I should be using ?
    >
    > machine 1__}-----------{___ machine 2
    >
    > I have QGE-X card installed which has four interfaces
    > and am trying to transfer file from ce1 interfaces of machine 1 to ce1
    > interface of machine 2.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Aravind

    Aravind,

    You'll need what is called a "crossover cable" between the 2 machines.
    Assign IP addresses to each interface on the same subnet (e.g.,
    192.168.0), and you should be able to ping one machine from the other,
    etc. Then you can FTP or sftp.

    Alternately, you can use a ethernet hub or switch. Connect each machine
    to the hub or switch using "normal" cables.

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread