DS 5.2 : Administration ID password forgotten - SUN

This is a discussion on DS 5.2 : Administration ID password forgotten - SUN ; Hello, I'm installing DS 5.2. During the Directory Server configuration (directoryserver) I choice a username/password (admin_id/xxxx) for Administrator ID Now during the Administration Server configuration (mpsadminserver) step I recall the username/password for Administrator ID. Even I'm sure what I type, ...

  1. DS 5.2 : Administration ID password forgotten

    Hello,
    I'm installing DS 5.2.
    During the Directory Server configuration (directoryserver) I choice a
    username/password (admin_id/xxxx) for Administrator ID
    Now during the Administration Server configuration (mpsadminserver)
    step I recall the username/password for Administrator ID.
    Even I'm sure what I type, the installation display an error :
    Could not connect to ldap://xxxxxxx:389 with the administrator identity
    and password specified.

    If I try to give the username/password of the Directory Manager
    (cn=Directory Manager), the installation continue. But I do not would
    like to use this account.
    So how can I modify the password for the "Administrator account"
    (admin_id) ?

    Regards

  2. Re: DS 5.2 : Administration ID password forgotten

    kona_iron@yahoo.fr wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I'm installing DS 5.2.
    > During the Directory Server configuration (directoryserver) I choice a
    > username/password (admin_id/xxxx) for Administrator ID
    > Now during the Administration Server configuration (mpsadminserver)
    > step I recall the username/password for Administrator ID.
    > Even I'm sure what I type, the installation display an error :
    > Could not connect to ldap://xxxxxxx:389 with the administrator identity
    > and password specified.
    >
    > If I try to give the username/password of the Directory Manager
    > (cn=Directory Manager), the installation continue. But I do not would
    > like to use this account.
    > So how can I modify the password for the "Administrator account"
    > (admin_id) ?
    >
    > Regards

    I dont know the answer to this prob, but I can offer you a list of the
    steps i took when doing this for the first time.
    its still draft as i need to revisit it with the hindsight of more
    experience, so please ignore spelling mistakes/grammar.
    find it under magazine at www.ossi.co.uk
    regards peter

+ Reply to Thread