Soc card not found - SUN

This is a discussion on Soc card not found - SUN ; I have install Sol 10 on an UltraSparc 2 with a soc card attached to a sun storage array. I can see the soc exists but when I run format the drives are not there. The os was installed with ...

  1. Soc card not found

    I have install Sol 10 on an UltraSparc 2 with a soc card attached to a sun
    storage array. I can see the soc exists but when I run format the drives are
    not there. The os was installed with out the card being in the machine. I
    installed the card, ran boot -r and everything looks ok. The soc card is not
    in messages file as being there though. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated

  2. Re: Soc card not found

    shaddell wrote:
    > I have install Sol 10 on an UltraSparc 2 with a soc card attached to a sun
    > storage array. I can see the soc exists but when I run format the drives are
    > not there. The os was installed with out the card being in the machine. I
    > installed the card, ran boot -r and everything looks ok. The soc card is not
    > in messages file as being there though. Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated

    Not supported in Solaris 10.
    You will have to stay with Solaris 9 if you need soc.

+ Reply to Thread