How to remove a degraded system board using DR - SUN

This is a discussion on How to remove a degraded system board using DR - SUN ; I have a 4800 with a cpu board in the degraded state. I've reset chs and re-posted the board and that did not help so I'm left with replacing the board. If possible I would like to remove the board ...

  1. How to remove a degraded system board using DR

    I have a 4800 with a cpu board in the degraded state. I've reset chs
    and re-posted the board and that did not help so I'm left with
    replacing the board. If possible I would like to remove the board
    from the domain and replace it leaving the machine operational.
    Unfortunately it will not DR out of the domain in the degraded state.
    Does anyone know a way around this?

    Thanks
    Paul

  2. Re: How to remove a degraded system board using DR

    > I have a 4800 with a cpu board in the degraded state. I've reset chs
    > and re-posted the board and that did not help so I'm left with
    > replacing the board. If possible I would like to remove the board
    > from the domain and replace it leaving the machine operational.
    > Unfortunately it will not DR out of the domain in the degraded state.
    > Does anyone know a way around this?

    I'll assume you do have more than 1 system board in the domain.

    Check for any processes bound to the individual processors on the degraded
    board. You can even use the psradm command and manually offline each
    processor on the degraded board to see if it lets you.

    Otherwise try cfgadm with the -f option.

    Worst case you'll have to schedule downtime to perform the replacement.

+ Reply to Thread