I was hoping to figure out why a particular problem happened with
rdist. The problem manifested itself by what appears to be the
deletion of /etc and /share and other key system files/directories
being adversely affected (we think deleted), resulting in all of the
below mentioned hosts becoming unuseable. Debugging is a bit sketchy
in that we have had to re-install these systems to get them back up.
The REALLY frustrating part of this whole situation is that the output
from the following command shows that no other filesystems, except
/share as specified below....

Has anyone heard of this or a similar situation occuring??

Thanks in advance for any assistance if shedding light on this.....
Details follow:

OS - Solaris 9
rdist version - Version 7.0.0 (alpha10) - Protocol Version 7, Release
7.0, Patch level 0

Command that was run:
/usr/local/bin/rdist -P /usr/local/bin/ssh -f /etc/sharedist

Rdistfile: (/etc/sharedist)
HOSTS = ( psphrw1 psphrw2 psphra1 psphra2 psphra3 )
FILES = ( /share/bin
/share/dbadmin
/share/osadmin
/share/psadmin