Data Has "Disappeared" From 1TB External Hard Drive - Storage

This is a discussion on Data Has "Disappeared" From 1TB External Hard Drive - Storage ; Hi everyone. A while ago I bought a Western Digital 1TB External USB Hard Drive. Everything was fine with it until one day when some a lot of the files on the disc disappeared. The drive is formatted as FAT ...

  1. Unhappy Data Has "Disappeared" From 1TB External Hard Drive

    Hi everyone.

    A while ago I bought a Western Digital 1TB External USB Hard Drive. Everything was fine with it until one day when some a lot of the files on the disc disappeared. The drive is formatted as FAT 32. I think the reason is that the external HD synchronised with the internal hard drive which had been re-formatted. Will the original data still be present on the external HD, but in a way that I can't see it? I think that the files are there because the remaining data does not add up to the amount that Windows is telling me I'm using.

    Thanks for any help,

    Hugh Sushiman

  2. Re: Data Has "Disappeared" From 1TB External Hard Drive

    Your files can be recovered in-case you have not overwritten the files or data.try out some recovery program..

+ Reply to Thread