Partition USB to CDFS - Storage

This is a discussion on Partition USB to CDFS - Storage ; Does anyone know how to partition a usb drive to CDFS? I researched a lot and cannot find anything helpful. I have yet to see anyone who has been successful in doing this. I know scandisk U3 drives have this ...

  1. Partition USB to CDFS

    Does anyone know how to partition a usb drive to CDFS? I researched a
    lot and cannot find anything helpful. I have yet to see anyone who
    has been successful in doing this. I know scandisk U3 drives have
    this partition. Any ideas? I have tried using various programs in
    dos, windows, mac, and linux.
    Thanks

  2. Re: Partition USB to CDFS

    Windows calls the driver CDFS, the file system is called ISO 9660.
    Years ago on Win2000, I copied an ISO image to disk with and without partition.
    Windows will not recognize it, by design I suppose.

    Are you sure Sandisk uses a partition? USB devices can be multiple drives.

    wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to partition a usb drive to CDFS? I researched a
    > lot and cannot find anything helpful. I have yet to see anyone who
    > has been successful in doing this. I know scandisk U3 drives have
    > this partition. Any ideas? I have tried using various programs in
    > dos, windows, mac, and linux.
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Partition USB to CDFS

    Previously kcajmc@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to partition a usb drive to CDFS? I researched a
    > lot and cannot find anything helpful. I have yet to see anyone who
    > has been successful in doing this. I know scandisk U3 drives have
    > this partition. Any ideas? I have tried using various programs in
    > dos, windows, mac, and linux.
    > Thanks

    What is CDFS? Maybe iso9660? You cannot partition to that, as it
    is a whole-disk filesystem that does not support partitions.
    You can put an iso9660 image into a partition or on a whole drive
    simply by copying it there, e.g. by (Linux)

    cat image.iso > /dev/

    Use mkisofs (Linux) to create the iso image or create a CD image
    with any application that can do so.

    Arno

+ Reply to Thread