Re: Is this a failing hard drive? - Storage

This is a discussion on Re: Is this a failing hard drive? - Storage ; In article , Arno Wagner writes >The only thing mildly suspicuous is the seek error rate. What about the 'Hardware ECC Recovered' figure of 81? -- (\__/) Bunny says NO to Windows Vista! (='.'=) http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...ista_cost.html (")_(") http://www.cypherpunks.to/~peter/vista.pdf...

  1. Re: Is this a failing hard drive?

    In article <6msht7FiiaeeU2@mid.individual.net>, Arno Wagner

    --
    (\__/) Bunny says NO to Windows Vista!
    (='.'=) http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...ista_cost.html
    (")_(") http://www.cypherpunks.to/~peter/vista.pdf

  2. Re: Is this a failing hard drive?

    Previously Mike Tomlinson wrote:
    > In article <6msht7FiiaeeU2@mid.individual.net>, Arno Wagner
    > writes

    >>The only thing mildly suspicuous is the seek error rate.

    > What about the 'Hardware ECC Recovered' figure of 81?

    That should be a secondary effect from imprecise seeks and may even be
    normal. 81 (of 100) also does not strike me as remarkable.

    Admittedly, it could be soemthing in its of right, but as several
    people here have shown, ECC recovery figures are diffivuult to
    interpret.

    Arno

+ Reply to Thread