Problem with IBM X226 - Storage

This is a discussion on Problem with IBM X226 - Storage ; Hi, I have a problem with RAID 1 (ADAPTEC ULTRA 320), when I install a Debian Linux don't recognize the Raid, see in many pages of internet and the problem solve with module a320raid, but when I remove a aic79xx ...

  1. Problem with IBM X226

    Hi,

    I have a problem with RAID 1 (ADAPTEC ULTRA 320), when I install a
    Debian Linux don't recognize the Raid, see in many pages of internet
    and the problem solve with module a320raid, but when I remove a
    aic79xx module from my server i can remove.

    Do you solve my problem?

    Regards of Spanish.

  2. Re: Problem with IBM X226

    Previously eloygnu@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,

    > I have a problem with RAID 1 (ADAPTEC ULTRA 320), when I install a
    > Debian Linux don't recognize the Raid, see in many pages of internet
    > and the problem solve with module a320raid, but when I remove a
    > aic79xx module from my server i can remove.

    > Do you solve my problem?

    > Regards of Spanish.

    Please rephrase. I cannot figure out what your problem actually is.

    Arno

  3. Re: Problem with IBM X226

    On 28 oct, 03:31, Arno Wagner wrote:
    > Previously eloy...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I have a problem with RAID 1 (ADAPTEC ULTRA 320), when I install a
    > > Debian Linux don't recognize the Raid, see in many pages of internet
    > > and the problem solve with module a320raid, but when I remove a
    > > aic79xx module from my server i can remove.
    > > Do you solve my problem?
    > > Regards of Spanish.

    > Please rephrase. I cannot figure out what your problem actually is.
    >
    > Arno

    When I install Debian, the Raid I don't **** correctly.

    When I take out a disk, the SO don't recognize the Raid and the system
    lonely a Lecture mode.

    The problem is with module of kernel aic79xx, view many pages of
    internet many people wrote that the problem resolve with module
    a320raid, How install a new module in Debian ETCH?

    Sorry for my English is very bad.

    Regars of Spain!

  4. Re: Problem with IBM X226

    Previously Skidman wrote:
    > On 28 oct, 03:31, Arno Wagner wrote:
    >> Previously eloy...@gmail.com wrote:
    >> > Hi,
    >> > I have a problem with RAID 1 (ADAPTEC ULTRA 320), when I install a
    >> > Debian Linux don't recognize the Raid, see in many pages of internet
    >> > and the problem solve with module a320raid, but when I remove a
    >> > aic79xx module from my server i can remove.
    >> > Do you solve my problem?
    >> > Regards of Spanish.

    >> Please rephrase. I cannot figure out what your problem actually is.
    >>
    >> Arno

    > When I install Debian, the Raid I don't **** correctly.

    I trust this means "function"....

    > When I take out a disk, the SO don't recognize the Raid and the system
    > lonely a Lecture mode.

    > The problem is with module of kernel aic79xx, view many pages of
    > internet many people wrote that the problem resolve with module
    > a320raid, How install a new module in Debian ETCH?

    Aha. There are two cases:
    1. Debian has the module. Then you can install it directly
    as any other debian package.
    2. Debian does not have the module. There is a possibility to
    recompile the debian kernel with the module, but frankly, I
    do not know how as I use stock Kernels from www.kernel.org
    that I complile myself instead of the standard Debian kernels.

    As far as I can determine, a320raid is not in Debian.

    It seems the current kernel sources for etch is a Debian-patched
    2.6.18. (I use 2.6.27, but that is a bit in the cutting edge...)

    It seems the Debian package "kernel-package" automatizes creating
    debian packeges for custom kernels. For the kernel sources, you
    would use the package linux-source-2.6.18 or linux-source-2.6.24
    (which include the Debain pacthes) and configure them for your
    hardware. Then create the new kernel package and install it.

    Kernel configuration documentation is in the kernel-HOWTO:
    http://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/K...ild-HOWTO.html

    A Debian guide is here (unfortunately outdated):
    http://www.falkotimme.com/howtos/deb...el2.6_compile/

    Arno

+ Reply to Thread