Maxtor One Touch 4 and Windows Sever 2003 - Storage

This is a discussion on Maxtor One Touch 4 and Windows Sever 2003 - Storage ; On 2 different servers with 3 different Maxtor OT4 USB drives, they aren't recongized as formatted, and after the server tries to format them (with a failure message) they don't work on XP any more. XP now says the capacity ...

  1. Maxtor One Touch 4 and Windows Sever 2003

    On 2 different servers with 3 different Maxtor OT4 USB drives, they aren't
    recongized as formatted, and after the server tries to format them (with a
    failure message) they don't work on XP any more. XP now says the capacity
    is 2.048 TB, and now Seatools diagnostics passes the long self-test, but
    fails the other long test.

    Anyone else have a similar experience with these drives?

    zero, and remove the last word.

  2. Re: Maxtor One Touch 4 and Windows Sever 2003

    Tom Del Rosso wrote in news:48f74d17$1$4959$607ed4bc@cv.net
    > On 2 different servers with 3 different Maxtor OT4 USB drives,
    > they aren't recongized as formatted, and after the server tries to
    > format them (with a failure message) they don't work on XP any more.
    > XP now says the capacity is 2.048 TB,

    > and now Seatools diagnostics passes the long self-test,

    > but fails the other long test.

    Well, the obvious solution is to ignore that.
    As our platinum plated resident expert -babblebot- keeps repeating,
    ad nauseum, the only real test of a harddrive is the long selftest.

    > Anyone else have a similar experience with these drives?

+ Reply to Thread