Western Digital External HDD - Storage

This is a discussion on Western Digital External HDD - Storage ; My friend just gave me an external Western Digital HDD, it's a 250gb drive....model number WD25001032-001. The reason he gave me the drive is he didn't want to deal with the issue it has....you put the power cord in to ...

  1. Western Digital External HDD

    My friend just gave me an external Western Digital HDD, it's a 250gb
    drive....model number WD25001032-001. The reason he gave me the drive
    is he didn't want to deal with the issue it has....you put the power
    cord in to the drive and the light flashes green. It's never terribly
    solid/bright, and never consistent for more than half a second.

    Anyone have any idea what's going on and more importantly how to fix
    it?

  2. Re: Western Digital External HDD

    Previously playstation60 wrote:

    > My friend just gave me an external Western Digital HDD, it's a 250gb
    > drive....model number WD25001032-001. The reason he gave me the drive
    > is he didn't want to deal with the issue it has....you put the power
    > cord in to the drive and the light flashes green. It's never terribly
    > solid/bright, and never consistent for more than half a second.

    > Anyone have any idea what's going on and more importantly how to fix
    > it?

    What exactly is the issue? The LED is pretty irrelevant....

    Arno

  3. Re: Western Digital External HDD

    It's not showing drive activity? Can you download the manual to see if
    that's it?

    --
    Ed Light

    Better World News TV Channel: