Utility to avoid HD clicking sound? - Storage

This is a discussion on Utility to avoid HD clicking sound? - Storage ; Hello My PC comes with a Seagate hard-disk that makes the annoying clicking sound due to Seagate using "Seek To Improve Reliability" (STIR). To avoid this, I just run eMule at all times so as to keep the hard-disk busy, ...

  1. Utility to avoid HD clicking sound?

    Hello

    My PC comes with a Seagate hard-disk that makes the annoying clicking
    sound due to Seagate using "Seek To Improve Reliability" (STIR).

    To avoid this, I just run eMule at all times so as to keep the
    hard-disk busy, but there are times (VoIP, VNC, etc.) when I need to
    have the full bandwith to myself, and closing/restarting eMule is
    annoying.

    Before I write one myself, does someone know of a little application
    for Windows that would access the hard-disk often enough to
    effectively cancel STIR?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Utility to avoid HD clicking sound?

    Gilles Ganault enscribed from [82.237.75.54]:

    > Hello
    > My PC comes with a Seagate hard-disk that makes the annoying clicking
    > sound due to Seagate using "Seek To Improve Reliability" (STIR).

    Elvish wisdom for today:
    Go not to Usenet participants for advice, for they
    will say "yes" and "no" and "try another newsgroup".

    As the hummerhorns flit lightly above the Lake of Rhun,
    comp.arch.storage provides the last homely haven for
    those who seek counsel regarding enterprise RAID arrays.

    --
    Ed

+ Reply to Thread