Sata 150 or sata 300 cable? - Storage

This is a discussion on Sata 150 or sata 300 cable? - Storage ; Are the sata cable different? If yes, how can I understand if by cable il 150Mps or 300Mps ? Thanks. Roberto...

  1. Sata 150 or sata 300 cable?

    Are the sata cable different?
    If yes, how can I understand if by cable il 150Mps or 300Mps ?
    Thanks.

    Roberto

  2. Re: Sata 150 or sata 300 cable?

    Previously Roberto Rasto wrote:
    > Are the sata cable different?
    > If yes, how can I understand if by cable il 150Mps or 300Mps ?
    > Thanks.

    > Roberto

    Theoretically the cables are the same. However there are good
    cables and bad cables. Some people have reported problems
    with low-quality cables. Personally I had one where a connector
    went bad after about 20 plug-unplug cycles. (They are supposed
    to survive 50.)

    Arno

  3. Re: Sata 150 or sata 300 cable?

    On 8 Oct 2008 21:03:40 GMT Arno Wagner wrote in Message
    id: <6l4lhcFaidesU2@mid.individual.net>:

    >Theoretically the cables are the same. However there are good
    >cables and bad cables. Some people have reported problems
    >with low-quality cables. Personally I had one where a connector
    >went bad after about 20 plug-unplug cycles. (They are supposed
    >to survive 50.)

    That's it? By any chance, do you have a cite for that?

  4. Re: Sata 150 or sata 300 cable?

    JW wrote:
    > On 8 Oct 2008 21:03:40 GMT Arno Wagner wrote in Message
    > id: <6l4lhcFaidesU2@mid.individual.net>:
    >
    >> Theoretically the cables are the same. However there are good
    >> cables and bad cables. Some people have reported problems
    >> with low-quality cables. Personally I had one where a connector
    >> went bad after about 20 plug-unplug cycles. (They are supposed
    >> to survive 50.)

    > That's it? By any chance, do you have a cite for that?

    The cables are the same (between 1.5 and 3.0 clock rates). Performance
    of the disk subsystem will be near the same with either rate.

    Crap cables are not worthwhile at either rate.

    Tom S.

+ Reply to Thread