My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad - Storage

This is a discussion on My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad - Storage ; I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going bad. What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data and I ...

  1. My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going bad.

    What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    and I am hopping mad.

    --
    David Jones

  2. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    Dave in Philadelphia wrote:

    >I lost 5GB of important jpeg data and I am hopping mad.

    Ever hear of a backup?

    Stupid cross-poster. Serves you right.

    *plonk*

  3. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    Dave in Philadelphia wrote:

    > I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    > chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going bad.
    >
    > What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    > and I am hopping mad.

    Oh, looky looky: A windows user to stupid to do backups, although he is
    using the ****tiest OS ever written.

    Serves you right to lose all your data, not just a paltry 5GB
    --
    Microsoft software doesn't get released - it escapes, leaving
    a trail of destruction behind it.

  4. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    Dave in Philadelphia wrote:

    > I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin
    > poop is already going bad.

    > What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data and I am hopping mad.

    What sort of a fool doesnt have backups ?

  5. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    In article ,
    Dave in Philadelphia wrote:

    > I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    > chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going bad.
    >
    > What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    > and I am hopping mad.

    Huh.

    Perhaps you should have had a good backup...

    --
    Alan Baker
    Vancouver, British Columbia

  6. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    Alan Baker wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Dave in Philadelphia wrote:
    >
    >> I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    >> chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going
    >> bad.
    >>
    >> What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    >> and I am hopping mad.

    > Huh.
    >
    > Perhaps you should have had a good backup...

    Windows Home Server might be a good idea. It is reported to lose data
    extremely reliable...
    --
    Warning: You have moved the mouse.
    Windows will reboot now to make the change permanent

  7. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Dave in Philadelphia wrote:
    > I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    > chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going bad.

    > What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    > and I am hopping mad.

    Ever heard that disks have a chance of dying? Even without moshandling?
    And especially consumer-grade disks? Also ever heard of backup?

    Seems to me the only thing really bad here is your perspective
    and knowledge...

    Arno

  8. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    "Alan Baker" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > Dave in Philadelphia wrote:
    >
    >> I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    >> chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going
    >> bad.
    >>
    >> What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    >> and I am hopping mad.

    > Huh.
    >
    > Perhaps you should have had a good backup...

    Didn't you read?? They already told him. I forgot - you love to hear
    yourself.

  9. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    Dave in Philadelphia wrote an obvious troll in news:gcinm5$plt$1@registered.motzarella.org

    And 8 idiots that responded to it.

  10. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:21:44 +0200 Peter Köhlmann
    wrote in Message id:
    <48ecfa38$0$6612$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net>:

    >Dave in Philadelphia wrote:
    >
    >> I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    >> chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going bad.
    >>
    >> What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    >> and I am hopping mad.
    >>

    >Oh, looky looky: A windows user to stupid to do backups, although he is
    >using the ****tiest OS ever written.

    Reminds me of a joke I read the other day. Did you hear about the new
    Microsoft vacuum cleaner? It's the only thing Microsoft has ever made that
    *doesn't* suck.

  11. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    JW wrote:
    > Reminds me of a joke I read the other day. Did you hear about the new
    > Microsoft vacuum cleaner? It's the only thing Microsoft has ever made that
    > *doesn't* suck.

    You only just heard that?
    This sig has been one in my repertoire for over 14 years!
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  12. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    "JW" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:21:44 +0200 Peter Köhlmann
    > wrote in Message id:
    > <48ecfa38$0$6612$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net>:
    >
    >>Dave in Philadelphia wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    >>> chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going
    >>> bad.
    >>>
    >>> What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    >>> and I am hopping mad.
    >>>

    >>Oh, looky looky: A windows user to stupid to do backups, although he is
    >>using the ****tiest OS ever written.

    > Reminds me of a joke I read the other day. Did you hear about the new
    > Microsoft vacuum cleaner? It's the only thing Microsoft has ever made that
    > *doesn't* suck.

    HAR, HAR, HAR. They don't need a vacuum cleaner - they have you.

  13. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    Arno Wagner wrote:

    >In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Dave in Philadelphia wrote:
    >> I have decade-old Western Digital, Maxtor and Toshiba drives still
    >> chugging away, but this putrid piece of penguin poop is already going bad.

    >> What the heck sort of company is this? I lost 5GB of important jpeg data
    >> and I am hopping mad.

    >Ever heard that disks have a chance of dying? Even without moshandling?
    >And especially consumer-grade disks? Also ever heard of backup?
    >
    >Seems to me the only thing really bad here is your perspective
    >and knowledge...

    Way to pile-on, Arno.

  14. Re: My 6-month-old Fujitsu hard drive just started going bad

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:35:24 -0400 "Mocassin Joe"
    wrote in Message id: <8SmHk.39623$IB6.10575@bignews8.bellsouth.net>:

    >"JW" wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:21:44 +0200 Peter Köhlmann
    >> wrote in Message id:
    >> <48ecfa38$0$6612$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net>:

    >>>Oh, looky looky: A windows user to stupid to do backups, although he is
    >>>using the ****tiest OS ever written.

    >> Reminds me of a joke I read the other day. Did you hear about the new
    >> Microsoft vacuum cleaner? It's the only thing Microsoft has ever made that
    >> *doesn't* suck.

    >HAR, HAR, HAR. They don't need a vacuum cleaner - they have you.

    I bet you stayed up all night thinking up that one. Sheesh. If I had
    wanted to talk to somebody with your IQ, I would be at the supermarket
    talking to the produce.

+ Reply to Thread