Acronis/DiskWizard--Reboot to Copy? - Storage

This is a discussion on Acronis/DiskWizard--Reboot to Copy? - Storage ; I just began using the seagate version of acronis. I copied a bootable disk image from a 80G drive to a partition on a Seagate 500G external drive, L-drive, 100G. The size of the files on the 80G drive were ...

  1. Acronis/DiskWizard--Reboot to Copy?

    I just began using the seagate version of acronis. I copied a bootable
    disk image from a 80G drive to a partition on a Seagate 500G external
    drive, L-drive, 100G. The size of the files on the 80G drive were about
    60G. I then attempted to copy the image to a 320G WD drive. When I was
    about to start the copy, I got a message with a large exclamation point
    that said the machine would be rebooted when I proceeded. That seemed a
    bit odd. It seemed the implication was that it would be the very next
    thing to happen. Why would it need to boot to make a copy? I can see how
    this might be the case once the copy had been made.

  2. Re: Acronis/DiskWizard--Reboot to Copy?

    Watty wrote:
    > I just began using the seagate version of acronis. I copied a bootable
    > disk image from a 80G drive to a partition on a Seagate 500G external
    > drive, L-drive, 100G. The size of the files on the 80G drive were
    > about 60G. I then attempted to copy the image to a 320G WD drive.
    > When I was about to start the copy, I got a message with a large
    > exclamation point that said the machine would be rebooted when I
    > proceeded. That seemed a bit odd. It seemed the implication was that
    > it would be the very next thing to happen. Why would it need to boot
    > to make a copy? I can see how this might be the case once the copy
    > had been made.

    That older version does reboot to ensure that it can make a reliable image of whats running.

+ Reply to Thread