Diagram for read-write arm? - Storage

This is a discussion on Diagram for read-write arm? - Storage ; I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration. I have tried Wikipedia and Google ...

  1. Diagram for read-write arm?

    I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright
    arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In
    particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration.

    I have tried Wikipedia and Google among other sources, but what I have
    found, leaves out details of interest to me.

    Bill

  2. Re: Diagram for read-write arm?

    Previously Salmon Egg wrote:
    > I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright
    > arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In
    > particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration.

    > I have tried Wikipedia and Google among other sources, but what I have
    > found, leaves out details of interest to me.

    And what would those details be?

    Arno

  3. Re: Diagram for read-write arm?

    Arno Wagner kenjka:
    > > I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright
    > > arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In
    > > particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration.

    > > I have tried Wikipedia and Google among other sources, but what I have
    > > found, leaves out details of interest to me.

    > And what would those details be?

    Type of magnets in the arm-assembly, types of voice coils, current,
    electronic behind the whole problem, etc?

    --
    "Naklonjens li cackalicau bombardiru ?" upita sisao jebe vodoinstalatero
    podmazuje. "Nisam ja nikog bombardiro !" rece gledalisteo jebe

    Damir Lukic, calypso@_MAKNIOVO_fly.srk.fer.hr
    http://inovator.blog.hr
    http://calypso-innovations.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: Diagram for read-write arm?

    In article ,
    calypso@fly.srk.fer.hr.invalid wrote:

    > > > I have tried Wikipedia and Google among other sources, but what I have
    > > > found, leaves out details of interest to me.

    > > And what would those details be?

    > Type of magnets in the arm-assembly, types of voice coils, current,
    > electronic behind the whole problem, etc?

    That is about right. I am interested in the magnetic circuit. I believe
    that it is in the form of a transformer "E-I" core with permanent
    magnets. The coil slides back and forth. Values for the magnetic field
    the coil sees is also of interest.

    Bill

  5. Re: Diagram for read-write arm?

    Previously Salmon Egg wrote:

    >> > And what would those details be?

    >> Type of magnets in the arm-assembly, types of voice coils, current,
    >> electronic behind the whole problem, etc?

    > That is about right. I am interested in the magnetic circuit. I believe
    > that it is in the form of a transformer "E-I" core with permanent
    > magnets. The coil slides back and forth. Values for the magnetic field
    > the coil sees is also of interest.

    Best look into a datasheet or design manual for a moving coild
    driver then. Several companies are making them.

    Arno

  6. Re: Diagram for read-write arm?

    Salmon Egg kenjka:
    > That is about right. I am interested in the magnetic circuit. I believe
    > that it is in the form of a transformer "E-I" core with permanent
    > magnets. The coil slides back and forth. Values for the magnetic field
    > the coil sees is also of interest.

    Permanent magnet is always Neodymium... About the values of currents and
    fields, I don't know nothing...

    Like the other guy said - check out the datasheets of driver manufacturers
    (driver as a chip, not software driver)...

    --
    "Zajebans li drotu njuku ?" upita Bugara pozdravlja drotu povracu.
    "Nisam ja nikog bombardiro !" rece gumaa rascvjetava "Ja samo planinaro tuce blesavm !" By runf

    Damir Lukic, calypso@_MAKNIOVO_fly.srk.fer.hr
    http://inovator.blog.hr
    http://calypso-innovations.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Diagram for read-write arm?

    "Salmon Egg" wrote in message
    > I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright
    > arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In
    > particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration.
    >
    > I have tried Wikipedia and Google among other sources, but what I have
    > found, leaves out details of interest to me.

    Ask in the sci.electronics.* groups, like basics or design.

    zero, and remove the last word.

+ Reply to Thread