Diagram for read-write diagram - Storage

This is a discussion on Diagram for read-write diagram - Storage ; I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration. I have tried Wikipedia and Google ...

  1. Diagram for read-write diagram

    I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright
    arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In
    particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration.

    I have tried Wikipedia and Google among other sources, biut what I have
    found, leaves out details of interest to me.

    Bill

  2. Re: Diagram for read-write diagram

    Salmon Egg kenjka:

    www.hgst.com

    Look for their whitepapers... Also, check out www.seagate.com...

    --
    Hrvata pozdravlja zarazen pterodaktilo prolijece danima.
    By runf

    Damir Lukic, calypso@_MAKNIOVO_fly.srk.fer.hr
    http://inovator.blog.hr
    http://calypso-innovations.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: Diagram for read-write diagram

    In article ,
    calypso@fly.srk.fer.hr.invalid wrote:

    > Salmon Egg kenjka:
    > > I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright
    > > arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In
    > > particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration.

    > > I have tried Wikipedia and Google among other sources, biut what I have
    > > found, leaves out details of interest to me.

    > www.hgst.com
    >
    > Look for their whitepapers... Also, check out www.seagate.com...

    I am going to continue looking. These sites have much in them but it is
    mostly sales literature and software interface material. I guess I will
    have to disassemble a drive.

    Bill

  4. Re: Diagram for read-write diagram

    Salmon Egg wrote:

    > In article ,
    > calypso@fly.srk.fer.hr.invalid wrote:
    >

    >>Salmon Egg kenjka:
    >>
    >>>I would like to see a diagram of just how modern drive's read-wright
    >>>arms are assembled. I am trying to understand how these get driven. In
    >>>particular, I am interested in the magnetic configuration.

    >>>I have tried Wikipedia and Google among other sources, biut what I have
    >>>found, leaves out details of interest to me.

    >>www.hgst.com
    >>
    >>Look for their whitepapers... Also, check out www.seagate.com...

    > I am going to continue looking. These sites have much in them but it is
    > mostly sales literature and software interface material. I guess I will
    > have to disassemble a drive.
    >
    > Bill

    The details involve lots of IP (Intellectual Property); some is public
    (patents and papers), but some IP is closely-guarded corporate secret
    material, and may be unavailable even with an NDA. You might try writing
    to the HD vendors to see what they will divulge, but don't expect much.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

+ Reply to Thread