My Cheshire Cat HD Problem - Storage

This is a discussion on My Cheshire Cat HD Problem - Storage ; I put together a PC over a year ago with both a large SATA drive and an old IDE drive. The other day I noticed I could see the SATA drive, but not the IDE drive. At first, I thought ...

  1. My Cheshire Cat HD Problem

    I put together a PC over a year ago with both a large SATA drive and an old
    IDE drive. The other day I noticed I could see the SATA drive, but not the
    IDE drive. At first, I thought maybe I didn't really have an IDE drive
    there. I needed to test a potentially damaged IDE drive and have a removable
    tray there for an IDE drive. When I pushed it in, I could see two IDE and
    one SATA. Looking at bios, the missing IDE was mounted as a secondary
    (slave) IDE. I would guess I need to recable that to IDE primary.

  2. Re: My Cheshire Cat HD Problem

    Previously wtw wrote:
    > I put together a PC over a year ago with both a large SATA drive and an old
    > IDE drive. The other day I noticed I could see the SATA drive, but not the
    > IDE drive. At first, I thought maybe I didn't really have an IDE drive
    > there. I needed to test a potentially damaged IDE drive and have a removable
    > tray there for an IDE drive. When I pushed it in, I could see two IDE and
    > one SATA. Looking at bios, the missing IDE was mounted as a secondary
    > (slave) IDE. I would guess I need to recable that to IDE primary.

    Hmm. Is there a question in this?

    Arno

+ Reply to Thread