how do i wipe my hard drive clean? - Storage

This is a discussion on how do i wipe my hard drive clean? - Storage ; do ineed to wipe out o/s from hard to start programming in c or c+ it's been years since i have done any programming(won't say how many)! i have window's xp home ie7...

  1. how do i wipe my hard drive clean?

    do ineed to wipe out o/s from hard to start programming in c or c+ it's been
    years since i have done any programming(won't say how many)!

    i have window's xp home ie7

  2. Re: how do i wipe my hard drive clean?

    Hi, Frazzled

    Why do you need to wipe out your hard drive to code in C?
    But if you really need to, you can use format disk – right click the drive
    and choose “format”.

    Tx
    --Malu

    --
    Malu Menezes [MSFT]
    ------------------------------

    "frazzled" wrote in message
    > do ineed to wipe out o/s from hard to start programming in c or c+ it's
    > been
    > years since i have done any programming(won't say how many)!
    >
    > i have window's xp home ie7

  3. Re: how do i wipe my hard drive clean?

    long story short; when i was learning back in early 80's there wasn't a o/s
    on computer; so not actually sure how to start programming with "xp/ie" on
    system. i hope the book i'm about to buy will give me step by step
    instruction's! i'm sure it won't and it'll be a nightmare to get started!

    "Malu Menezes [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi, Frazzled
    >
    > Why do you need to wipe out your hard drive to code in C?
    > But if you really need to, you can use format disk – right click the drive
    > and choose “format”.
    >
    > Tx
    > --Malu
    >

    > --
    > Malu Menezes [MSFT]
    > ------------------------------
    > Messages posted to this newsgroup are provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
    > and confer no rights.
    > Check the Storage Solutions Division Team blog at
    > http://blogs.technet.com/filecab
    >

    > "frazzled" wrote in message
    > > do ineed to wipe out o/s from hard to start programming in c or c+ it's
    > > been
    > > years since i have done any programming(won't say how many)!
    > >
    > > i have window's xp home ie7

  4. Re: how do i wipe my hard drive clean?

    frazzled wrote:
    > long story short; when i was learning back in early 80's there wasn't a o/s
    > on computer; so not actually sure how to start programming with "xp/ie" on
    > system. i hope the book i'm about to buy will give me step by step
    > instruction's! i'm sure it won't and it'll be a nightmare to get started!

    Well, things have changed a lot since. Now you just need to do a voodoo
    dance before starting and everything will start working like per ...
    yes, magic.

+ Reply to Thread