Custom IDE 80 conductor cable at reasonable price? - Storage

This is a discussion on Custom IDE 80 conductor cable at reasonable price? - Storage ; I have an unusual setup from PC Power that I purchased a number of years ago; it is about 18" square and 1 1/2" thick, allowing it to be vertically mounted in the footwell of a desk. I would like ...

  1. Custom IDE 80 conductor cable at reasonable price?

    I have an unusual setup from PC Power that I purchased a number of years
    ago; it is about 18" square and 1 1/2" thick, allowing it to be
    vertically mounted in the footwell of a desk. I would like to add a
    second hdd; as it will be side-by-side with
    the primary drive, and close to the mb connector, I can get away with a
    cable length of 4-5 inches between the mb and slave connectors, but I
    need 7-8" of cable to connect the slave and master drives. (It would be
    like using a standard cable but in reverse)

    Does anyone know where I can find a non-standard flat cable for less
    than the $25 I have seen online?

    Thanks
    Ken K

  2. Re: Custom IDE 80 conductor cable at reasonable price?

    ken wrote:
    > I have an unusual setup from PC Power that I purchased a number of years
    > ago; it is about 18" square and 1 1/2" thick, allowing it to be
    > vertically mounted in the footwell of a desk. I would like to add a
    > second hdd; as it will be side-by-side with
    > the primary drive, and close to the mb connector, I can get away with a
    > cable length of 4-5 inches between the mb and slave connectors, but I
    > need 7-8" of cable to connect the slave and master drives. (It would be
    > like using a standard cable but in reverse)
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can find a non-standard flat cable for less
    > than the $25 I have seen online?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ken K

    found one, if anyone is interested. www.iec.net