Imaging software from a USB thumb drive - Storage

This is a discussion on Imaging software from a USB thumb drive - Storage ; I have a laptop that has 2 hard drives in it (have taken out dvd burner to allow 2nd hard drive in that spot) Now i can get Hirens BootCD 9.5 to been seen and booted fine using external burner ...

  1. Imaging software from a USB thumb drive

    I have a laptop that has 2 hard drives in it (have taken out dvd burner to
    allow 2nd hard drive in that spot) Now i can get Hirens BootCD 9.5 to been
    seen and booted fine using external burner but when you ask it to go into
    ghost or driveimage it keeps coming up with tons of options and at the end
    of the day always fails, so booting from USB/DVD burner with normal CD is a
    no no.

    So my question to the groups (posted in 2 or 3) is have any of you come
    across any imaging software that does boot without any problems from a USB
    thumb drive and take images and be able to restore them without any issues?

    TIA

  2. Re: Imaging software from a USB thumb drive

    On Sep 24, 7:18*am, "Jim" wrote:

    > So my question to the groups (posted in 2 or 3) is have any of you come
    > across any imaging software that does boot without any problems from a USB
    > thumb drive *and take images and be able to restore them without any issues?

    Google "Acronis True Image plug-in for Bart-PE."

    I have created a UBCD4Win v2.5 rescue CD with True Image 8 added as a
    plugin.
    Then use FlashBoot to transfer the UBCD4Win iso to a USB thumb drive.

    It takes some effort (and lot of googling) to build such a rescue CD,
    with TI plugin
    added.

    Note that UBCD4Win v2.5 iso can be transferred to an USB thumb drive
    which is
    then bootable. UBCD4Win v3.0, however, is bootable on CD but not on
    USB
    thumb drive.

    Good luck.

  3. Re: Imaging software from a USB thumb drive

    On Sep 24, 7:18*am, "Jim" wrote:

    > So my question to the groups (posted in 2 or 3) is have any of you come
    > across any imaging software that does boot without any problems from a USB
    > thumb drive *and take images and be able to restore them without any issues?

    Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE.
    Install the plugin to UBCD4Win v2.5, and create a bootable rescue CD.
    Transfer the UBCD4Win v2.5 iso to your USB thumb drive using a utility
    called FlashBoot v1.3.

    N.B. UBCD4Win v3.0 is bootable on CD, but not USB thumb drive;
    don't know why.

+ Reply to Thread