Utility to transf. files from iPod to Mac? - Storage

This is a discussion on Utility to transf. files from iPod to Mac? - Storage ; I want to transfer files from my iPod Touch to my Mac. I see utilities on Versiontracker that allow audio files to be retrieved from an iPod, but there is no mention of video or other types of files. Can ...

  1. Utility to transf. files from iPod to Mac?

    I want to transfer files from my iPod Touch to my Mac. I see utilities on
    Versiontracker that allow audio files to be retrieved from an iPod, but there
    is no mention of video or other types of files.

    Can someone recommend a way to copy all types of files from my iPod?

    Thanks,
    --
    DaveC
    me@bogusdomain.net

  2. Re: Utility to transf. files from iPod to Mac?

    In article <0001HW.C4E9FFF40191C2DBB01AD9AF@news.sf.sbcglobal. net>,
    DaveC wrote:

    > I want to transfer files from my iPod Touch to my Mac. I see utilities on
    > Versiontracker that allow audio files to be retrieved from an iPod, but there
    > is no mention of video or other types of files.
    >
    > Can someone recommend a way to copy all types of files from my iPod?

    Searching Google for iPod Touch Disk Mode gets me here rather quickly:

    <http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/21/use-y...nd-rate-400-us
    b-stick/>

    --
    "Harry?" Ron's voice was a mere whisper. "Do you smell something ... burning?"
    - Harry Potter and the Odor of the Phoenix

  3. Re: Utility to transf. files from iPod to Mac?

    I found what I consider an excellent tool for copying files from iPod to a
    computer (Mac & PC versions available) for pretty reasonable cost (US$18):

    It's called TuneAid. Very well written Mac app (doesn't look like a PC port)
    with one-click capability to copy files either way (iPod-to-computer or
    computer-to-iPod).

    Thanks to those who offered up suggestions.
    --
    DaveC
    me@bogusdomain.net
    This is an invalid return address
    Please reply in the news group

  4. Re: Utility to transf. files from iPod to Mac?

    In article <0001HW.C4EAE75E01C7FF3AB01AD9AF@news.sf.sbcglobal. net>,
    DaveC wrote:

    > I found what I consider an excellent tool for copying files from iPod to a
    > computer (Mac & PC versions available) for pretty reasonable cost (US$18):
    >

    > It's called TuneAid. Very well written Mac app (doesn't look like a PC port)
    > with one-click capability to copy files either way (iPod-to-computer or
    > computer-to-iPod).

    Does this work _through_ itunes? Or completely _bypassing_ iTunes?

    (Does one have to even have iTunes on your Mac to use it?)

    And, if you copy audio format files onto your iPod in this way, can you
    then _play_ those files on the iPod, without ever having gotten iTunes
    involved in any way?

    [I realize that I should, and will, look at the web site above for
    answers to these questions; but I happen to be on a strange connection
    at the minute where I can access Usenet but not web sites. And, I'll be
    appreciative of any comments other users may have about this tool.]

+ Reply to Thread