My Book Office version Backup Software - Storage

This is a discussion on My Book Office version Backup Software - Storage ; My Book Office version Backup Software Thinking of buying the above. Not sure what backup sw is stored on the 750GB unit. Thoughts? Can this software perform a full HD exact image backup and exact image restore of an entire ...

  1. My Book Office version Backup Software

    My Book Office version Backup Software

    Thinking of buying the above. Not sure what backup sw is stored on the
    750GB unit.
    Thoughts?

    Can this software perform a full HD exact image backup and exact image
    restore of an entire Hard Drive including all windows files?

    I need to be able to restore the image to another computer and have
    the computer boot (except for changes in the device drivers for the
    other computer).

    ie: Wonder if it has the functionality of Acronis True Image including
    Boot CD build ability

    Thanks
    Patty

  2. Re: My Book Office version Backup Software

    Previously pattyjamas@gmail.com wrote:
    > My Book Office version Backup Software

    > Thinking of buying the above. Not sure what backup sw is stored on the
    > 750GB unit.
    > Thoughts?

    > Can this software perform a full HD exact image backup and exact image
    > restore of an entire Hard Drive including all windows files?

    I would not count on it. These included software packages are
    typically sub-standard and often crippled to make you buy the
    full version. In general you should assume you get the storage
    space and the software is likely not very good and possibly best
    just deleted.

    > I need to be able to restore the image to another computer and have
    > the computer boot (except for changes in the device drivers for the
    > other computer).

    That would be the basic requirement for an image backup solution.
    Depend on it being there if you get assurances from the vendor that
    it can do exactly that and having some independent test configm it.
    Backup software producers tend to vastly overstate the quality
    of their product.

    > ie: Wonder if it has the functionality of Acronis True Image including
    > Boot CD build ability

    Unlikely, if you look at the price-tag for Acronis and for
    this thing (free). You typically gdo not get much more than you
    pay for. Better plan on getting Acronis (where you pay for the
    product and it is not just a free addition) and storage space.

    Arno

  3. Re: My Book Office version Backup Software

    Arno Wagner wrote:

    > Unlikely, if you look at the price-tag for Acronis and for
    > this thing (free). You typically gdo not get much more than you
    > pay for. Better plan on getting Acronis (where you pay for the
    > product and it is not just a free addition) and storage space.
    >
    > Arno

    Since you brought it up, I'll note that Acronis (I have v11) works
    fine with MyBook (I have a 500GB).
    --
    Cheers, Bob

  4. Re: My Book Office version Backup Software

    On Sep 6, 9:06*am, Bob Willard wrote:
    > Arno Wagner wrote:
    > > Unlikely, if you look at the price-tag for Acronis and for
    > > this thing (free). You typically gdo not get much more than you
    > > pay for. Better plan on getting Acronis (where you pay for the
    > > product and it is not just a free addition) and storage space.

    > > Arno

    > Since you brought it up, I'll note that Acronis (I have v11) works
    > fine with My Book (I have a 500GB).
    > --
    > Cheers, Bob

    Thanks very much. You confirmed my suspicions.
    Thanks again
    Patty

+ Reply to Thread