Determining HBA model - Storage

This is a discussion on Determining HBA model - Storage ; I am trying to qualify an Emulex HBA this was installed in a Dell Power Edge 2650 server, but not purchased from Dell. The server is running Windows 2000 SP4, I am trying to find out what the actual model ...

  1. Determining HBA model

    I am trying to qualify an Emulex HBA this was installed in a Dell
    Power Edge 2650 server, but not purchased from Dell. The server is
    running Windows 2000 SP4, I am trying to find out what the actual
    model of the HBA is installed to verify interoperability with NetApp
    storage. I have been given the following information on the HBA that
    looks like it is perhaps in the Windows registry:

    "Emulex LP98 PCI\VEN_10DF&DEV_F980&SUBSYS_F98010DF
    REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&08"

    Does anyone have an idea how this information can be tied to an actual
    HBA model (ie. LP9002, LP9?????)

    TIA for any information.

    Tom

  2. Re: Determining HBA model

    on the 11/08/08 18:10 tom.bebee@siriuscom.com wrote the following:
    > I am trying to qualify an Emulex HBA this was installed in a Dell
    > Power Edge 2650 server, but not purchased from Dell. The server is
    > running Windows 2000 SP4, I am trying to find out what the actual
    > model of the HBA is installed to verify interoperability with NetApp
    > storage. I have been given the following information on the HBA that
    > looks like it is perhaps in the Windows registry:
    >
    > "Emulex LP98 PCI\VEN_10DF&DEV_F980&SUBSYS_F98010DF
    > REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&08"
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea how this information can be tied to an actual
    > HBA model (ie. LP9002, LP9?????)

    Off the bat, I'd say the "LP98" would hint to an LP9802. Not sure though
    whether there have been others members of the 98xx family; maybe some
    digging in Emulex's web site would help? You can also check whether the
    shape and characteristics of your card match the description:
    http://www.emulex.com/products/hba/9802/ds.jsp

    This web site might also be of some help:

    Fx

    --
    "Ah, the beauty of OSS. Hundreds of volunteers worldwide volunteering
    their time inventing and implementing new, exciting ways for software

  3. Re: Determining HBA model

    tom.bebee@siriuscom.com wrote:
    > I am trying to qualify an Emulex HBA this was installed in a Dell
    > Power Edge 2650 server, but not purchased from Dell. The server is
    > running Windows 2000 SP4, I am trying to find out what the actual
    > model of the HBA is installed to verify interoperability with NetApp
    > storage. I have been given the following information on the HBA that
    > looks like it is perhaps in the Windows registry:
    >
    > "Emulex LP98 PCI\VEN_10DF&DEV_F980&SUBSYS_F98010DF
    > REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&08"
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea how this information can be tied to an actual
    > HBA model (ie. LP9002, LP9?????)

    10dfh is the pci vendor id
    f980h is the pci device id

    According to www.pcidatabase.com this is a Emulex LP9802 or LP9802DC