I have been looking for info regarding the data transfer rate in
networked PCs and how to improve it
~
Is keeping a cache in a squid-based HTTP cache better than taking the
time to design a local disk cache in a heavy loaded networked?
~
NFS is fast but it is still using the common network's bandwidth . . .
~
More than getting some tips or answers from you I would like to learn
more about the testing methodology and troubleshooting these kinds of
data transfers problems from considerations regarding topology,
connectors and types of cabling all the way down to the CPU's cache
subsystem
~
I do know how to code to maximize the use of caches; I just need to
learn more about the hardware side of it
~
Also if possible I would like to concentrate on Open Source tools and
commodity hardware at least for the learning phase
~
THanks
lbrtchx