WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ? - Storage

This is a discussion on WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ? - Storage ; Read some reviews - like the slower speed and less vibration i use samsungs all the time - only fault in my eyes anyway is the vibration something i'm obvioulsy into . . . anyway , any feedback welcome...

  1. WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    Read some reviews - like the slower speed and less vibration

    i use samsungs all the time - only fault in my eyes anyway
    is the vibration

    something i'm obvioulsy into . . .

    anyway , any feedback welcome

  2. Re: WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    A review from the quiet freaks:

    Ed Light

    Better World News TV Channel:
    http://realnews.com

    Bring the Troops Home:
    http://bringthemhomenow.org
    http://antiwar.com

    Iraq Veterans Against the War:
    http://ivaw.org
    http://couragetoresist.org

    Send spam to the FTC at
    spam@uce.gov
    Thanks, robots.

  3. Re: WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    Ed Light wrote:
    > A review from the quiet freaks:
    >
    > http://www.silentpcreview.com/article804-page1.html

    sounds good - literally

    5400rpm will do me

  4. Re: WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    >> A review from the quiet freaks:
    >> http://www.silentpcreview.com/article804-page1.html

    > sounds good - literally
    > 5400rpm will do me

    Not bad deal to use it as back up drive. But is it cheaper?

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26

  5. Re: WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    june wrote in news:rKedna6KVMqw9hHVRVnyuQA@giganews.com
    > Ed Light wrote:
    > > june wrote in news:nIGdneueWZ9GMBbVnZ2dnUVZ8sHinZ2d@giganews.com
    > >
    > > > Read some reviews - like the slower speed and less vibration

    > > A review from the quiet freaks:
    > >
    > > http://www.silentpcreview.com/article804-page1.html
    > >

    > sounds good - literally

    Pity it's just *another* review, not an opinion.

    > 5400rpm will do me

  6. Re: WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    "Squeeze" wrote in message
    > june wrote in news:rKedna6KVMqw9hHVRVnyuQA@giganews.com
    >> Ed Light wrote:
    >> > june wrote in news:nIGdneueWZ9GMBbVnZ2dnUVZ8sHinZ2d@giganews.com

    >> > A review from the quiet freaks:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.silentpcreview.com/article804-page1.html
    >> >

    >> sounds good - literally

    > Pity it's just *another* review, not an opinion.

    How is that significant, FolkNazi? On your weekly trolling fix?

    >> 5400rpm will do me

  7. Re: WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    Eric Gisin wrote in news:PtednYqYh_qfjw_VnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@posted.unise rvecommunications
    > "Squeeze" wrote in message
    > > june wrote in news:rKedna6KVMqw9hHVRVnyuQA@giganews.com

    > > > sounds good - literally

    > > Pity it's just *another* review, not an opinion.

    > How is that significant, FolkNazi?

    Having trouble with english, Newbie?
    Would "Read some reviews" and "any opinion on these?" be a clue to you.

    > On your weekly trolling fix?

    No. You perhaps?

    Did I catch you on some of your usual stupidities that you
    must blow off steam like a sniveling child, that's posing to
    be the bad-ass streetpunk version of John Turd, Gisin?

    > > > 5400rpm will do me

  8. Re: WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    Hey **** for brains, almost every review also includes opinions.

    >> On your weekly trolling fix?

    > No. You perhaps?
    >
    > Did I catch you on some of your usual stupidities that you
    > must blow off steam like a sniveling child, that's posing to
    > be the bad-ass streetpunk version of John Turd, Gisin?

    FolkNazi, you would win any Troll Poll round here.

  9. Re: WD Caviar® Green™ - any opinion on these ?

    Eric Gisin wrote in news:g74fl9$epl$1@news.mixmin.net
    > "Squeeze" wrote in message
    > > Eric Gisin wrote in news:PtednYqYh_qfjw_VnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@posted.unise rvecommunications
    > > > "Squeeze" wrote in message

    > > > How is that significant, FolkNazi?

    > > Having trouble with english, Newbie?
    > > Would "Read some reviews" and "any opinion on these?" be a clue to you.

    > Hey **** for brains, almost every review also includes opinions.

    OP must have clearly read the wrong ones then, Newbie. And yes,
    it's usually an opinion influenced by the advertizers and sponsors
    that you read on these sites since they don't want to cut off the
    hand that feeds them.
    That's why people come here to hear opinions of *actual users*.

    > > > On your weekly trolling fix?

    > > No. You perhaps?
    > >
    > > Did I catch you on some of your usual stupidities that you
    > > must blow off steam like a sniveling child, that's posing to
    > > be the bad-ass streetpunk version of John Turd, Gisin?

    > FolkNazi, you would win any Troll Poll round here.

    "Like all grammar nazis, you criticize style not content.
    You can't answer my question so you go off on a tangent."

    So Gisen Newbie, is there something bugging you?
    Are you on a "trolling the troll" spree, Gisen?
    Following in the footsteps of John Turd?

  10. Re: WD Caviar® GreenT - any opinion on these ?

    "june" wrote in message
    news:nIGdneueWZ9GMBbVnZ2dnUVZ8sHinZ2d@giganews.com ...

    > Read some reviews - like the slower speed and less vibration
    >
    > i use samsungs all the time - only fault in my eyes anyway
    > is the vibration

    Samsungs vibrate? Do expound please.

    Tony

  11. Re: WD Caviar® GreenT - any opinion on these ?

    I remember when the signal-to-noise ratio on USENET used to be quite high.
    Those were the days. (sigh).

    Tony

    "Squeeze" wrote in message
    > Eric Gisin wrote in news:g74fl9$epl$1@news.mixmin.net
    >> "Squeeze" wrote in message
    >> > Eric Gisin wrote in
    >> > news:PtednYqYh_qfjw_VnZ2dnUVZ_sednZ2d@posted.unise rvecommunications

    >> > Having trouble with english, Newbie?
    >> > Would "Read some reviews" and "any opinion on these?" be a clue to you.

    >> Hey **** for brains, almost every review also includes opinions.

    > OP must have clearly read the wrong ones then, Newbie. And yes,
    > it's usually an opinion influenced by the advertizers and sponsors
    > that you read on these sites since they don't want to cut off the
    > hand that feeds them.
    > That's why people come here to hear opinions of *actual users*.

    >> > No. You perhaps?
    >> >
    >> > Did I catch you on some of your usual stupidities that you
    >> > must blow off steam like a sniveling child, that's posing to
    >> > be the bad-ass streetpunk version of John Turd, Gisin?

    >> FolkNazi, you would win any Troll Poll round here.

    > "Like all grammar nazis, you criticize style not content.
    > You can't answer my question so you go off on a tangent."
    >
    > So Gisen Newbie, is there something bugging you?
    > Are you on a "trolling the troll" spree, Gisen?
    > Following in the footsteps of John Turd?

  12. Re: WD Caviar® GreenT - any opinion on these ?

    Previously Tony wrote:

    > "june" wrote in message
    > news:nIGdneueWZ9GMBbVnZ2dnUVZ8sHinZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >>
    >> Read some reviews - like the slower speed and less vibration
    >>
    >> i use samsungs all the time - only fault in my eyes anyway
    >> is the vibration

    > Samsungs vibrate? Do expound please.

    I have made the same experiemnce. For a single drive it is not
    very noticeable, but if you operate a apir,I have notices anoying
    interference between them, in several different Samsung/Samsung
    combinations.

    Arno

+ Reply to Thread