Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate - Storage

This is a discussion on Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate - Storage ; In article , "Rod Speed" wrote: >Tony wrote: >> "Rod Speed" wrote in message >> news:6h6pnuFjcjqvU1@mid.individual.net... >>> Tony wrote >>>> Rod Speed wrote >>> >>>>> How odd that almost no one else has got a result anything like >>>>> yours. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 57 of 57

  1. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    In article <6h7h7lFji0biU1@mid.individual.net>, "Rod Speed" wrote:
    >Tony wrote:
    >> "Rod Speed" wrote in message
    >>> Tony wrote

    >>> Nope, very few get anything like the result you have in a series of
    >>> replacements also failing.

    >>> Did that long before you even showed up.

    >> Noted: you are DUMB.

    >Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.
    >
    >Or even manage to grasp that you dont get a string of problems like you have
    > seen without the problem being at your end.

    I agree.

  2. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    In article , "Tony" wrote:

    >"Rod Speed" wrote in message
    >> Tony wrote:
    >>> "Rod Speed" wrote in message

    >>> Noted: you are DUMB.

    >> Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.
    >>
    >> Or even manage to grasp that you dont get a string of problems like you
    >> have seen without the problem being at your end.
    >>

    >Bring it bitch, I'm in no mood to entertain you. Did I say get the **** out
    >of my face? I have no time for wankers like you. Go patter your pud,
    >dickweed. READ go rape your mom cuz I ain't putting up with your ****. Nuff
    >said. You and mommy need talk it out? Perhaps Dr. Phil?
    >
    >(someone help this going-postal timebomb called rodspeed!)

    Well that just answered the question of your age. Also now we all know that
    you wear boxer shorts, a baseball cap tilted to one side and drive a foreign
    car that you have added one of those rice rocket mufflers to make it sound
    sporty. Hey, I heard that the New Kids on The block are back!!!

  3. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:50:10 -0500, "Tony" wrote:

    >> To all the people blaming the OP for being problem, just spend some
    >> time on the egghead site and read product reviews. Most are pretty
    >> positive, or point out a few design flaws. It's rare that you read
    >> about product _failure rates_.

    >Not true. Upwards of 40% of the posts are negative (most of those "very
    >poor" rating because of failures/DOA) for the 320 GB 7200.11.

    Perhaps. I was interested only in the 1 TB version. And my 320 MB
    drives are probably 7200.10 release.

    >Seagate has their own forum also, I found out yesterday. Failures of the 320
    >GB 7200.11 have been noted there also.

    So maybe there is a very serious engineering/manufacturing flaw in the
    overall .11 design. Bad for Seagate.

    -AH

  4. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    Tony wrote
    > Rod Speed wrote
    >> Tony wrote
    >>> Rod Speed wrote

    >>> Noted: you are DUMB.

    >> Never ever could bull**** its way out of a wet paper bag.

    >> Or even manage to grasp that you dont get a string of problems like you have seen without the problem being at your
    >> end.

    Whoops, nothing left. Wota surprise.

  5. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    "Tony" wrote in message

    > wrote in message
    >>I bought a 2.5" 160GB for my laptop.
    >> Had a problem. Ran Seatools, showed nothing, called Seagate.
    >> They couldn't figure it out, said drive must have a problem.
    >> Tried running Spinrite - it showed the drive making constant seek
    >> errors. Got a replacement. this one is making lots - not constant -
    >> seek errors. Seagate just blows it off and says we don't support
    >> anything but Seatools and it doesn't tell what the seek errors are. if
    >> it fails u have 5 years to replace it. I said - Ya, but that
    >> translates into a slow drive - he couldn't understand that so I gave
    >> up. SO seek errors are not important to Seagate.
    >>
    >> THEREFORE, Seagate sucks. Don't know if others are better - the orig
    >> drive had NO seek errors and one ECC.
    >>
    >> THAT IS WHY SEAGATE DRIVES ARE SLOW. Seek time IS the slowest thing
    >> that happens - if you have to do that 2-3 times to read one cluster -
    >> u can see where that goes.

    > My nightmare with 7200.11 drives continues! I am RMAing today, yet another
    > set of 2 drives that Seagate sent me as replacements. I've lost count of
    > how many drives have failed (7 now?). Literally, not one 7200.11 I have
    > received has lasted for more than a couple of weeks, and all but one have
    > died or started degrading immediately. Now the one that actually lived for
    > 2 weeks is dead. I noticed also that other people are having the same
    > kinds of problems with other models (500 GB) of the 7200.11 series of
    > drives.
    >
    > Same failures as before: BIOS and Seatools only intermittantly see the
    > drives. RAID card and Windows event logs show drive failures and errors.
    > Relocated sectors and seek errors. Can't complete formatting. This time
    > though, SeaTools actually noted that one drive failed the tests. The other
    > is no longer seen by SeaTools or the system BIOS.
    >
    > I cannot in any way trust these drives with my data, so I am asking
    > Seagate to replace with the prior 7200.10 series which appears to have a
    > better track record in the forums than the unreliable 7200.11s. I'll keep
    > my fingers crossed I guess.
    >
    > Tony

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=ST3320613AS :
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
    Hard Drive - OEM at NewEgg: Deactivated Item.

    Looks like NewEgg has dropped this product. I'm leary about all 7200.11
    drives, not just this model, given the user reviews.

  6. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    In article , "Tony" wrote:

    >"Tony" wrote in message
    >>
    >> wrote in message
    >>>I bought a 2.5" 160GB for my laptop.
    >>> Had a problem. Ran Seatools, showed nothing, called Seagate.
    >>> They couldn't figure it out, said drive must have a problem.
    >>> Tried running Spinrite - it showed the drive making constant seek
    >>> errors. Got a replacement. this one is making lots - not constant -
    >>> seek errors. Seagate just blows it off and says we don't support
    >>> anything but Seatools and it doesn't tell what the seek errors are. if
    >>> it fails u have 5 years to replace it. I said - Ya, but that
    >>> translates into a slow drive - he couldn't understand that so I gave
    >>> up. SO seek errors are not important to Seagate.
    >>>
    >>> THEREFORE, Seagate sucks. Don't know if others are better - the orig
    >>> drive had NO seek errors and one ECC.
    >>>
    >>> THAT IS WHY SEAGATE DRIVES ARE SLOW. Seek time IS the slowest thing
    >>> that happens - if you have to do that 2-3 times to read one cluster -
    >>> u can see where that goes.

    >> My nightmare with 7200.11 drives continues! I am RMAing today, yet another
    >> set of 2 drives that Seagate sent me as replacements. I've lost count of
    >> how many drives have failed (7 now?). Literally, not one 7200.11 I have
    >> received has lasted for more than a couple of weeks, and all but one have
    >> died or started degrading immediately. Now the one that actually lived for
    >> 2 weeks is dead. I noticed also that other people are having the same
    >> kinds of problems with other models (500 GB) of the 7200.11 series of
    >> drives.
    >>
    >> Same failures as before: BIOS and Seatools only intermittantly see the
    >> drives. RAID card and Windows event logs show drive failures and errors.
    >> Relocated sectors and seek errors. Can't complete formatting. This time
    >> though, SeaTools actually noted that one drive failed the tests. The other
    >> is no longer seen by SeaTools or the system BIOS.
    >>
    >> I cannot in any way trust these drives with my data, so I am asking
    >> Seagate to replace with the prior 7200.10 series which appears to have a
    >> better track record in the forums than the unreliable 7200.11s. I'll keep
    >> my fingers crossed I guess.
    >>
    >> Tony

    SS Great Eastern
    > :
    >Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
    >Hard Drive - OEM at NewEgg: Deactivated Item.
    >
    >Looks like NewEgg has dropped this product. I'm leary about all 7200.11
    >drives, not just this model, given the user reviews.

    Dropped them as so few people even consider a 320GB drive when you can get a
    750GB or larger drive for $69-$79

  7. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    "GMAN" wrote in message
    > In article , "Tony"
    > wrote:
    >>
    >>"Tony" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> wrote in message

    >>> My nightmare with 7200.11 drives continues! I am RMAing today, yet
    >>> another
    >>> set of 2 drives that Seagate sent me as replacements. I've lost count of
    >>> how many drives have failed (7 now?). Literally, not one 7200.11 I have
    >>> received has lasted for more than a couple of weeks, and all but one
    >>> have
    >>> died or started degrading immediately. Now the one that actually lived
    >>> for
    >>> 2 weeks is dead. I noticed also that other people are having the same
    >>> kinds of problems with other models (500 GB) of the 7200.11 series of
    >>> drives.
    >>>
    >>> Same failures as before: BIOS and Seatools only intermittantly see the
    >>> drives. RAID card and Windows event logs show drive failures and errors.
    >>> Relocated sectors and seek errors. Can't complete formatting. This time
    >>> though, SeaTools actually noted that one drive failed the tests. The
    >>> other
    >>> is no longer seen by SeaTools or the system BIOS.
    >>>
    >>> I cannot in any way trust these drives with my data, so I am asking
    >>> Seagate to replace with the prior 7200.10 series which appears to have a
    >>> better track record in the forums than the unreliable 7200.11s. I'll
    >>> keep
    >>> my fingers crossed I guess.
    >>>
    >>> Tony

    > SS Great Eastern
    >> :
    >>Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA
    >>3.0Gb/s
    >>Hard Drive - OEM at NewEgg: Deactivated Item.
    >>
    >>Looks like NewEgg has dropped this product. I'm leary about all 7200.11
    >>drives, not just this model, given the user reviews.
    >>

    > Dropped them as so few people even consider a 320GB drive when you can get
    > 750GB or larger drive for $69-$79

    I have in the past and still today continue to buy the highest density,
    single platter drives for they are a tad quieter, draw less power and have
    the thinnest profile. Most users don't have a need for all that space. More
    capacity is not necessarily better, and that is more true today with the
    phenomenal platter capacities. Most likely though, they dropped
    ("deactivated") the product because of the high failure rate. Given the
    data, hypothesizing anything but that is ludicrous.

    Tony

  8. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    "Tony" wrote in message

    > "Tony" wrote in message
    >>
    >> wrote in message
    >>>I bought a 2.5" 160GB for my laptop.
    >>> Had a problem. Ran Seatools, showed nothing, called Seagate.
    >>> They couldn't figure it out, said drive must have a problem.
    >>> Tried running Spinrite - it showed the drive making constant seek
    >>> errors. Got a replacement. this one is making lots - not constant -
    >>> seek errors. Seagate just blows it off and says we don't support
    >>> anything but Seatools and it doesn't tell what the seek errors are. if
    >>> it fails u have 5 years to replace it. I said - Ya, but that
    >>> translates into a slow drive - he couldn't understand that so I gave
    >>> up. SO seek errors are not important to Seagate.
    >>>
    >>> THEREFORE, Seagate sucks. Don't know if others are better - the orig
    >>> drive had NO seek errors and one ECC.
    >>>
    >>> THAT IS WHY SEAGATE DRIVES ARE SLOW. Seek time IS the slowest thing
    >>> that happens - if you have to do that 2-3 times to read one cluster -
    >>> u can see where that goes.

    >> My nightmare with 7200.11 drives continues! I am RMAing today, yet
    >> another set of 2 drives that Seagate sent me as replacements. I've lost
    >> count of how many drives have failed (7 now?). Literally, not one 7200.11
    >> I have received has lasted for more than a couple of weeks, and all but
    >> one have died or started degrading immediately. Now the one that actually
    >> lived for 2 weeks is dead. I noticed also that other people are having
    >> the same kinds of problems with other models (500 GB) of the 7200.11
    >> series of drives.
    >>
    >> Same failures as before: BIOS and Seatools only intermittantly see the
    >> drives. RAID card and Windows event logs show drive failures and errors.
    >> Relocated sectors and seek errors. Can't complete formatting. This time
    >> though, SeaTools actually noted that one drive failed the tests. The
    >> other is no longer seen by SeaTools or the system BIOS.
    >>
    >> I cannot in any way trust these drives with my data, so I am asking
    >> Seagate to replace with the prior 7200.10 series which appears to have a
    >> better track record in the forums than the unreliable 7200.11s. I'll keep
    >> my fingers crossed I guess.
    >>
    >> Tony

    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=ST3320613AS :
    > Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA
    > 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM at NewEgg: Deactivated Item.
    >
    > Looks like NewEgg has dropped this product. I'm leary about all 7200.11
    > drives, not just this model, given the user reviews.

    I received 2 replacement drives fron Seagate today. They are different than
    all the previous failed drives. All the previous where manufactured in
    Thailand and had firmware SD11 whereas these are from China and have
    firmware SD22. I'll try to do initial testing with these this weekend (or
    sooner maybe).

    Tony

  9. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    Tony wrote:
    > "GMAN" wrote in message
    >> In article , "Tony"
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Tony" wrote in message

    >> SS Great Eastern
    >>>>
    >>> Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA
    >>> 3.0Gb/s
    >>> Hard Drive - OEM at NewEgg: Deactivated Item.
    >>>
    >>> Looks like NewEgg has dropped this product. I'm leary about all
    >>> 7200.11 drives, not just this model, given the user reviews.
    >>>

    >> Dropped them as so few people even consider a 320GB drive when you
    >> can get a
    >> 750GB or larger drive for $69-$79

    > I have in the past and still today continue to buy the highest density, single platter drives for they are a tad
    > quieter, draw less power and have the thinnest profile.

    Your problem. There clearly arent enough who do the same thing for NewEgg to bother with.

    > Most users don't have a need for all that space.

    Stupid to not get the bigger drive when it costs no more.

    > More capacity is not necessarily better,

    Wrong, as always.

    > and that is more true today with the phenomenal platter capacities.

    You're using the same PLATTER capacitys yourself.

    > Most likely though, they dropped ("deactivated") the product because of the high failure rate.

    Have fun explaining why they havent dropped the bigger 7200.11 drives.

    > Given the data,

    You have no data.

    > hypothesizing anything but that is ludicrous.

    Nope, not when others are also dropping those smaller drives too.

  10. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    Arno Wagner wrote in news:6h6vqaFji34kU1@mid.individual.net
    > Previously Tony wrote:

    > > > Right now I'm running four Seagate 7200.? 320 GB models in my Antec
    > > > P180 case, with zero problems. But my digital photo library is growing so
    > > > fast that I thought I should upgrade one or two of the drives to 1 TB.
    > > >
    > > > I was all set to order two of the Seagate 7200.11 1 TB drives, UNTIL I
    > > > read those same reports. Now I won't.
    > > >
    > > > To all the people blaming the OP for being problem, just spend some
    > > > time on the egghead site and read product reviews. Most are pretty
    > > > positive, or point out a few design flaws. It's rare that you read
    > > > about product _failure rates_.

    > > Not true. Upwards of 40% of the posts are negative (most of those "very
    > > poor" rating because of failures/DOA) for the 320 GB 7200.11.

    > > > The fact that so many people are reporting problems IS statistically
    > > > significant. What the cause is, I don't know and I suspect Seagate
    > > > engineers do know and are struggling to fix it.

    > > I got notice today that they are sending me yet another 2 drives to replace
    > > the most recent failures. They were supposed to contact me to find a better
    > > solution but maybe the warranty replacement process happens separately from
    > > the discussions that are had with the technicians.

    > I think you will just have to cut your losses and move to a different brand.

    > My main reason for reading this group is to get an impression of
    > what is reliable at a particular time and what is not.

    If only that were true, Babblebot. If only that were true.

    > With margins being so low, it is not surprise
    > that the manufacturers are taking turns screwing up. In addition
    > there are those disks, that are reliable when handled carefully,
    > but have issues like heat sensitivity (older Maxtors come to mind).
    >
    > Currently Seagate is messes up, as thay moved a lot of manufacturing
    > to China. China has huge quality issues, because of cultural issues.
    > Quite a few manufacturing companies in other felds are
    > pulling out of China again because of that. Others had to
    > install their own, non-chinese, quality controll staff.
    > Unfortunately management is often just stupid and often
    > does not know when exactly to stop trying to cut costs, because
    > it starts to have serious negative impact on business. Come
    > to think of it, Seagate recently started offering data recovery
    > services. Looks to me at least part of the company knew
    > what manufacturing in China would actually do. Not that I see
    > anything malicious here, just incompetence and greed.
    >
    > Arno

  11. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    Previously Tony wrote:

    > "Tony" wrote in message
    >>
    >> wrote in message
    >>>I bought a 2.5" 160GB for my laptop.
    >>> Had a problem. Ran Seatools, showed nothing, called Seagate.
    >>> They couldn't figure it out, said drive must have a problem.
    >>> Tried running Spinrite - it showed the drive making constant seek
    >>> errors. Got a replacement. this one is making lots - not constant -
    >>> seek errors. Seagate just blows it off and says we don't support
    >>> anything but Seatools and it doesn't tell what the seek errors are. if
    >>> it fails u have 5 years to replace it. I said - Ya, but that
    >>> translates into a slow drive - he couldn't understand that so I gave
    >>> up. SO seek errors are not important to Seagate.
    >>>
    >>> THEREFORE, Seagate sucks. Don't know if others are better - the orig
    >>> drive had NO seek errors and one ECC.
    >>>
    >>> THAT IS WHY SEAGATE DRIVES ARE SLOW. Seek time IS the slowest thing
    >>> that happens - if you have to do that 2-3 times to read one cluster -
    >>> u can see where that goes.

    >> My nightmare with 7200.11 drives continues! I am RMAing today, yet another
    >> set of 2 drives that Seagate sent me as replacements. I've lost count of
    >> how many drives have failed (7 now?). Literally, not one 7200.11 I have
    >> received has lasted for more than a couple of weeks, and all but one have
    >> died or started degrading immediately. Now the one that actually lived for
    >> 2 weeks is dead. I noticed also that other people are having the same
    >> kinds of problems with other models (500 GB) of the 7200.11 series of
    >> drives.
    >>
    >> Same failures as before: BIOS and Seatools only intermittantly see the
    >> drives. RAID card and Windows event logs show drive failures and errors.
    >> Relocated sectors and seek errors. Can't complete formatting. This time
    >> though, SeaTools actually noted that one drive failed the tests. The other
    >> is no longer seen by SeaTools or the system BIOS.
    >>
    >> I cannot in any way trust these drives with my data, so I am asking
    >> Seagate to replace with the prior 7200.10 series which appears to have a
    >> better track record in the forums than the unreliable 7200.11s. I'll keep
    >> my fingers crossed I guess.
    >>
    >> Tony

    > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=ST3320613AS
    > : Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache
    > SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM at NewEgg: Deactivated Item.

    > Looks like NewEgg has dropped this product. I'm leary about all 7200.11
    > drives, not just this model, given the user reviews.

    Interesting.

    Arno

  12. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    "Arno Wagner" wrote in message
    > Previously Tony wrote:
    >
    >> "Tony" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> wrote in message

    >>> My nightmare with 7200.11 drives continues! I am RMAing today, yet
    >>> another
    >>> set of 2 drives that Seagate sent me as replacements. I've lost count of
    >>> how many drives have failed (7 now?). Literally, not one 7200.11 I have
    >>> received has lasted for more than a couple of weeks, and all but one
    >>> have
    >>> died or started degrading immediately. Now the one that actually lived
    >>> for
    >>> 2 weeks is dead. I noticed also that other people are having the same
    >>> kinds of problems with other models (500 GB) of the 7200.11 series of
    >>> drives.
    >>>
    >>> Same failures as before: BIOS and Seatools only intermittantly see the
    >>> drives. RAID card and Windows event logs show drive failures and errors.
    >>> Relocated sectors and seek errors. Can't complete formatting. This time
    >>> though, SeaTools actually noted that one drive failed the tests. The
    >>> other
    >>> is no longer seen by SeaTools or the system BIOS.
    >>>
    >>> I cannot in any way trust these drives with my data, so I am asking
    >>> Seagate to replace with the prior 7200.10 series which appears to have a
    >>> better track record in the forums than the unreliable 7200.11s. I'll
    >>> keep
    >>> my fingers crossed I guess.
    >>>
    >>> Tony

    >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=ST3320613AS
    >> : Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache
    >> SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM at NewEgg: Deactivated Item.

    >> Looks like NewEgg has dropped this product. I'm leary about all 7200.11
    >> drives, not just this model, given the user reviews.

    > Interesting.

    Step it up: I'm afraid to touch these things! I have them here, .... I am
    afraid of them... it won't be this weekend.

    > Arno

  13. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    Tony wrote:
    > "Arno Wagner" wrote in message
    >> Previously Tony wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Tony" wrote in message

    >>> SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM at NewEgg: Deactivated Item.

    >>> Looks like NewEgg has dropped this product. I'm leary about all
    >>> 7200.11 drives, not just this model, given the user reviews.

    >> Interesting.

    > Step it up: I'm afraid to touch these things! I have them here, ....
    > I am afraid of them... it won't be this weekend.

    You can always hide under the bed, child.

  14. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    "Rod Speed" wrote in message
    > Tony wrote:
    >> "Arno Wagner" wrote in message

    >>> Interesting.

    >> Step it up: I'm afraid to touch these things! I have them here, ....
    >> I am afraid of them... it won't be this weekend.

    > You can always hide under the bed, child.

    The monster hard drives won't find me there ya think?

  15. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    "Rod Speed" wrote in message
    > Tony wrote:
    >> "Arno Wagner" wrote in message

    >>> Interesting.

    >> Step it up: I'm afraid to touch these things! I have them here, ....
    >> I am afraid of them... it won't be this weekend.

    > You can always hide under the bed, child.

    That of course is silly, because everyone knows better than to perturb the
    evil dust bunnies. (You're such an idiot).

  16. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    I'm on my sixth 7200.11 drive, none has worked for very long(max two
    days). I've got an dell xps 720. Got another 500 7200.10 drive that is
    running flawlessly for 6 months, but I can't get these new 7200.11 to
    work. Seatools fails sometimes, but the main thing is seektime. all
    the disks have had seek times up to 190 ms. ... I started noticing it
    when the disks seemed slow. formatting the disks might work
    sometimes, but it all seems a little to random.
    I've moved the disks around on the different sata ports, with no
    luck.
    Two of the disks i bought was online, the other two(as been replaced
    once) was from a retailer. Total 6.

    Lasse

  17. Re: Seagate 7200.11 High Failure Rate

    wrote in message
    > I'm on my sixth 7200.11 drive, none has worked for very long(max two
    > days). I've got an dell xps 720. Got another 500 7200.10 drive that is
    > running flawlessly for 6 months, but I can't get these new 7200.11 to
    > work. Seatools fails sometimes, but the main thing is seektime. all
    > the disks have had seek times up to 190 ms. ... I started noticing it
    > when the disks seemed slow. formatting the disks might work
    > sometimes, but it all seems a little to random.
    > I've moved the disks around on the different sata ports, with no
    > luck.
    > Two of the disks i bought was online, the other two(as been replaced
    > once) was from a retailer. Total 6.

    The latest 2 7200.11s (320 GB) I got from Seagate have SD22 firmware and
    were manufactured in China and have been working now for 2 weeks or so (216
    and 90 hrs power-on time). All the previous ones that failed in much less
    time than these have been powered on had SD11 firmware and were manufactured
    in Thailand. Resume from S3 standby is spotty, but that may be unrelated to
    the new drives (new OS install/config).

    Tony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3