DVD writer slowing down - Storage

This is a discussion on DVD writer slowing down - Storage ; I have a TSSTcorp TS-H652L DVD writer that has been burning DVDs at 16x using DVDFab 5. Now, using the same TDK disks, it writes at 0.9 to 1.6x. I don't know what changed. I haven't added any hardware or ...

  1. DVD writer slowing down

    I have a TSSTcorp TS-H652L DVD writer that has been burning DVDs at 16x
    using DVDFab 5. Now, using the same TDK disks, it writes at 0.9 to 1.6x.

    I don't know what changed. I haven't added any hardware or updated the PC
    or DVD BIOS.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: DVD writer slowing down

    GMDMJK wrote:

    > I have a TSSTcorp TS-H652L DVD writer that has been burning DVDs at 16x
    > using DVDFab 5. Now, using the same TDK disks, it writes at 0.9 to 1.6x.
    >
    > I don't know what changed. I haven't added any hardware or updated the PC
    > or DVD BIOS.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Try cleaning it.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

  3. Re: DVD writer slowing down

    "GMDMJK" wrote in

    > I have a TSSTcorp TS-H652L DVD writer that has been burning DVDs at
    > 16x using DVDFab 5. Now, using the same TDK disks, it writes at 0.9
    > to 1.6x.
    >
    > I don't know what changed. I haven't added any hardware or updated
    > the PC or DVD BIOS.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

    Check for a firmware update. My Samsung DVD-RW was readihng disks at about
    half their speed until I found out there was a firmware update to fix it.
    Before that it took me 6 hours to install 74GB of X-Plane9 disks.

+ Reply to Thread