HD Backup ? - Storage

This is a discussion on HD Backup ? - Storage ; Previously chrisv wrote: > Fred (Ron Speed) wrote: >>>>> Then, of course, there's the new version of some MS product. >>>>> All of the menus have been rearranged. >> >>>> You're lying now. >> >>> And you're a complete idiot. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 96 of 96

  1. Re: HD Backup ?

    Previously chrisv wrote:

    >>> And you're a complete idiot.

    >>We'll see...
    >>
    >>> Every new version of Word moved menu items around.

    >>But not one of them had ALL OF THE MENUS REARRANGED, liar.

    > Umm, Ron. I've got Word 2007 here, and it sure looks to me like "all
    > of the menus have been rearranged" from the previous version.

    > We await your apology for accusing Mr Peters of lying.

    Hmm. I don't think he has that capability. To full of himself.

    Likely there is one menu somewhere that has not been rearranged
    and he feels completely justified because of that.

    Arno

  2. Re: HD Backup ?

    Arno Wagner wrote

    Corse you always appologise for your ****ups about Win, eh ?

    > Likely there is one menu somewhere that has not been
    > rearranged and he feels completely justified because of that.

  3. Re: HD Backup ?

    Ron Speed wrote:

    >Arno Wagner wrote
    >> reviously chrisv wrote:
    >>>
    >>> We await your apology for accusing Mr Peters of lying.

    >> Hmm. I don't think he has that capability. To full of himself.

    >Corse you always appologise for your ****ups about Win, eh ?

    A technical error like a "****up about Win" is one thing, Ron.
    Calling a (presumably) honest person a "liar" is quite something else.

  4. Re: HD Backup ?

    chrisv wrote
    > Ron Speed wrote
    >> Arno Wagner wrote

    >>> Hmm. I don't think he has that capability. To full of himself.

    >> Corse you always appologise for your ****ups about Win, eh ?

    > A technical error like a "****up about Win" is one thing, Ron.
    > Calling a (presumably) honest person a "liar" is quite something else.

    He's both, ****wit. You in spades.

  5. Re: HD Backup ?

    Arno Wagner wrote:
    > Previously chrisv wrote:

    >>>We'll see...

    >>>But not one of them had ALL OF THE MENUS REARRANGED, liar.

    >> Umm, Ron. I've got Word 2007 here, and it sure looks to me like "all
    >> of the menus have been rearranged" from the previous version.

    >> We await your apology for accusing Mr Peters of lying.

    > Hmm. I don't think he has that capability. To full of himself.
    >
    > Likely there is one menu somewhere that has not been rearranged
    > and he feels completely justified because of that.
    >
    > Arno

    They must not be teaching the meaning of the word "hyperbole" in
    junior high schools (or middle schools, depending on location)
    these days.

    Jerry

  6. Re: HD Backup ?

    Arno Wagner wrote:
    > Previously Jerry Peters wrote:
    >
    >> Yes. Currently I'm fighting with firefox font sizes. The screen
    >> resolution is 1400x1050 so I need larger sized fonts. Everything is
    >> fine _except_ the file download dialog, it's so small that I can
    >> barely read it. For all of the other dialogs I can control the font size,
    >> but not this one. Actually I'm beginning to detest FF, especially when
    >> I read that V3 is going to use a database to manage history &
    >> bookmarks,
    >>
    >> Jerry

    > Personally I like Opera. Although they have dumbed down the
    > configuration possibilities somewhat in the latest releases.
    >
    > Arno

    FInally got it working so I can _read_ the darn thing. I'm not sure
    how, as I changed both the X font server config & added the
    DisplaySize parameter to xorg.conf. Then restarted X (it is nice to be
    able to reconfigure & restart just the gui, not reboot the whole OS).

    I've heard Seamonkey might be better. I downloaded it, but haven't
    installed it yet.

    I get the distict impression Fred & Rod haven't a clue about what a
    production environment means. With multiple servers and a support
    group that's responsible for them.

    When I was in that environment, we tried to document as much as
    possible in the various config files, if comments were allowed. At
    least then there was a good chance that a change would be
    documented. Especially the emergency ones made at 3AM!

    Jerry

  7. Re: HD Backup ?

    Jerry Peters wrote
    > Arno Wagner wrote
    >> chrisv wrote
    >>> Fred (Ron Speed) wrote

    >>> Umm, Ron. I've got Word 2007 here, and it sure looks to me like
    >>> "all of the menus have been rearranged" from the previous version.

    >>> We await your apology for accusing Mr Peters of lying.

    >> Hmm. I don't think he has that capability. To full of himself.

    >> Likely there is one menu somewhere that has not been
    >> rearranged and he feels completely justified because of that.

    > They must not be teaching the meaning of the word "hyperbole" in junior
    > high schools (or middle schools, depending on location) these days.

    Or you never ever could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

  8. Re: HD Backup ?

    Jerry Peters wrote
    > Arno Wagner wrote
    >> Jerry Peters wrote

    >>> Yes. Currently I'm fighting with firefox font sizes. The screen
    >>> resolution is 1400x1050 so I need larger sized fonts. Everything is
    >>> fine _except_ the file download dialog, it's so small that I can
    >>> barely read it. For all of the other dialogs I can control the font
    >>> size, but not this one. Actually I'm beginning to detest FF, especially when
    >>> I read that V3 is going to use a database to manage history & bookmarks,

    >> Personally I like Opera. Although they have dumbed down the
    >> configuration possibilities somewhat in the latest releases.

    > FInally got it working so I can _read_ the darn thing. I'm not sure
    > how, as I changed both the X font server config & added the
    > DisplaySize parameter to xorg.conf. Then restarted X (it is nice to be
    > able to reconfigure & restart just the gui, not reboot the whole OS).

    > I've heard Seamonkey might be better. I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet.

    > I get the distict impression Fred & Rod haven't a
    > clue about what a production environment means.

    Guess which pathetic little pig ignorant prat has just got egg all over its pathetic little face, yet again ?

    Been involved in it since before you were even born, thanks.

    > With multiple servers and a support group that's responsible for them.

    Got a big towel handy for your face, prat ?

    > When I was in that environment, we tried to document as much
    > as possible in the various config files, if comments were allowed.
    > At least then there was a good chance that a change would be
    > documented. Especially the emergency ones made at 3AM!

    And even someone as stupid as you should be able to work
    out how to document any GUI, if someone was actually
    stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

    No wonder you got the bums rush, right out the door.

  9. Re: HD Backup ?

    Rod Speed wrote:
    > Jerry Peters wrote
    >> They must not be teaching the meaning of the word "hyperbole" in junior
    >> high schools (or middle schools, depending on location) these days.

    > Or you never ever could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

    You could at least update your insult dictionary periodically, it's
    definitely getting old and tired.

    Jerry

  10. Re: HD Backup ?

    Rod Speed wrote:
    > Jerry Peters wrote
    >> Arno Wagner wrote
    >>> Jerry Peters wrote

    >>> Personally I like Opera. Although they have dumbed down the
    >>> configuration possibilities somewhat in the latest releases.

    >> FInally got it working so I can _read_ the darn thing. I'm not sure
    >> how, as I changed both the X font server config & added the
    >> DisplaySize parameter to xorg.conf. Then restarted X (it is nice to be
    >> able to reconfigure & restart just the gui, not reboot the whole OS).

    >> I've heard Seamonkey might be better. I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet.

    >> I get the distict impression Fred & Rod haven't a
    >> clue about what a production environment means.

    > Guess which pathetic little pig ignorant prat has just got egg all over its pathetic little face, yet again ?
    >
    > Been involved in it since before you were even born, thanks.

    ROTFL! Sure you have.

    >> With multiple servers and a support group that's responsible for them.

    > Got a big towel handy for your face, prat ?

    How about a brown paper bag for your head?

    >> When I was in that environment, we tried to document as much
    >> as possible in the various config files, if comments were allowed.
    >> At least then there was a good chance that a change would be
    >> documented. Especially the emergency ones made at 3AM!

    > And even someone as stupid as you should be able to work
    > out how to document any GUI, if someone was actually
    > stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

    You really are an imbecile. Documenting is never the problem. Getting
    people to _update_ the documentation when making changes is. That's
    why I like putting the doc right in the config file, someone just
    might keep it updated.
    Then of course there's _finding_ the documentation, too.

    > No wonder you got the bums rush, right out the door.

    Jerry

  11. Re: HD Backup ?

    Jerry Peters wrote
    > Rod Speed wrote
    >> Jerry Peters wrote

    >>> They must not be teaching the meaning of the word "hyperbole" in junior
    >>> high schools (or middle schools, depending on location) these days.

    >> Or you never ever could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

    > You could at least update your insult dictionary
    > periodically, it's definitely getting old and tired.

    QED.

  12. Re: HD Backup ?

    Jerry Peters wrote
    > Rod Speed wrote
    >> Jerry Peters wrote
    >>> Arno Wagner wrote

    >>> FInally got it working so I can _read_ the darn thing. I'm not sure
    >>> how, as I changed both the X font server config & added the
    >>> DisplaySize parameter to xorg.conf. Then restarted X (it is nice to be
    >>> able to reconfigure & restart just the gui, not reboot the whole OS).

    >>> I've heard Seamonkey might be better.
    >>> I downloaded it, but haven't installed it yet.

    >>> I get the distict impression Fred & Rod haven't a
    >>> clue about what a production environment means.

    >> Guess which pathetic little pig ignorant prat has just
    >> got egg all over its pathetic little face, yet again ?

    >> Been involved in it since before you were even born, thanks.

    > ROTFL!

    Behaving like a 2 year old cuts no mustard around here, fool.

    > Sure you have.

    >>> With multiple servers and a support group that's responsible for them.

    >> Got a big towel handy for your face, prat ?

    > How about a brown paper bag for your head?

    Any 2 year old could leave that pathetic excuse for bull**** for dead.

    Get one to help you before posting again, if anyone is
    actually stupid enough to let you anywhere near one.

    You really are a pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

    Irrelevant to that mindlessly silly **** of yours above.

    > That's why I like putting the doc right in the config file,
    > someone just might keep it updated.

    Or they might not, too.

    > Then of course there's _finding_ the documentation, too.

    And even someone as stupid as you should be able to work out how
    to document any GUI, where that can be found, if someone was
    actually stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

    No wonder you got the bums rush, right out the door.

  13. Re: HD Backup ?

    Rod Speed wrote:
    > Jerry Peters wrote
    >> Rod Speed wrote
    >>> Jerry Peters wrote

    >>> Guess which pathetic little pig ignorant prat has just
    >>> got egg all over its pathetic little face, yet again ?

    >>> Been involved in it since before you were even born, thanks.

    >> ROTFL!

    > Behaving like a 2 year old cuts no mustard around here, fool.
    >
    >> Sure you have.

    >>> Got a big towel handy for your face, prat ?

    >> How about a brown paper bag for your head?

    > Any 2 year old could leave that pathetic excuse for bull**** for dead.
    >
    > Get one to help you before posting again, if anyone is
    > actually stupid enough to let you anywhere near one.

    >>> And even someone as stupid as you should be able to work
    >>> out how to document any GUI, if someone was actually
    >>> stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.

    >> You really are an imbecile.

    > You really are a pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.
    >
    >> Documenting is never the problem. Getting people to
    >> _update_ the documentation when making changes is.

    > Irrelevant to that mindlessly silly **** of yours above.
    >
    >> That's why I like putting the doc right in the config file,
    >> someone just might keep it updated.

    > Or they might not, too.
    >
    >> Then of course there's _finding_ the documentation, too.

    > And even someone as stupid as you should be able to work out how
    > to document any GUI, where that can be found, if someone was
    > actually stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.
    >
    > No wonder you got the bums rush, right out the door.

    You're repeating yourself, roddy-boy.

    Jerry

  14. Re: HD Backup ?

    Jerry Peters wrote:
    > Rod Speed wrote:
    >> Jerry Peters wrote
    >>> Rod Speed wrote

    >>> ROTFL!

    >> Behaving like a 2 year old cuts no mustard around here, fool.
    >>
    >>> Sure you have.

    >>> How about a brown paper bag for your head?

    >> Any 2 year old could leave that pathetic excuse for bull**** for
    >> dead.
    >>
    >> Get one to help you before posting again, if anyone is
    >> actually stupid enough to let you anywhere near one.

    >>> You really are an imbecile.

    >> You really are a pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.
    >>
    >>> Documenting is never the problem. Getting people to
    >>> _update_ the documentation when making changes is.

    >> Irrelevant to that mindlessly silly **** of yours above.
    >>
    >>> That's why I like putting the doc right in the config file,
    >>> someone just might keep it updated.

    >> Or they might not, too.
    >>
    >>> Then of course there's _finding_ the documentation, too.

    >> And even someone as stupid as you should be able to work out how
    >> to document any GUI, where that can be found, if someone was
    >> actually stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane.
    >>
    >> No wonder you got the bums rush, right out the door.
    >>

    > You're repeating yourself, roddy-boy.

    Corse you never ever do anything like that yourself, eh fool ?

  15. Re: HD Backup ?

    Ron Speed wrote:

    >chrisv wrote
    >> Ron Speed wrote
    >>> Arno Wagner wrote

    >>> Corse you always appologise for your ****ups about Win, eh ?

    >> A technical error like a "****up about Win" is one thing, Ron.
    >> Calling a (presumably) honest person a "liar" is quite something else.

    >He's both, ****wit. You in spades.

    Another bald-faced lie from Ron Speed. Documented.

  16. Re: HD Backup ?

    Arno Wagner wrote in news:6bav88F39fcc9U4@mid.individual.net
    > Previously chrisv wrote:

    > > > We'll see...

    > > > But not one of them had ALL OF THE MENUS REARRANGED, liar.

    > > Umm, Ron. I've got Word 2007 here, and it sure looks to me like "all
    > > of the menus have been rearranged" from the previous version.

    > > We await your apology for accusing Mr Peters of lying.

    > Hmm.

    You need to do something about that humming in your head, Babblebot.

    > I don't think he has that capability. To full of himself.

    Oh look, who's talking.
    Mister sidenote advisor babblebot, with the huge killfile.

    > Likely there is one menu somewhere that has not been rearranged
    > and he feels completely justified because of that.
    >
    > Arno

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5