carbonite.com anyone here use it? - Storage

This is a discussion on carbonite.com anyone here use it? - Storage ; I am interested in using carbonite.com for backup, mainly because of the price. I was wondering if it reliable. TIA...

  1. carbonite.com anyone here use it?

    I am interested in using carbonite.com for backup, mainly because of the
    price.
    I was wondering if it reliable.

    TIA

  2. Re: carbonite.com anyone here use it?

    On May 13, 12:15*am, "BigJim" wrote:
    > I am interested in using carbonite.com for backup, mainly because of the
    > price.
    > I was wondering if it reliable.
    >
    > TIA

    I've used for just over 1 year, and recently paid for another 2 years
    subscription which I hope answers your question. I currently have
    about 30GB stored, mainly photos.

    It does backup fairly quickly, and fully automatically, and I have at
    times done a restore, as well as changing the account to a new
    computer. The longest delay between changing a document and backup
    can be 24 hours, but this can be overwriten manually for something
    important.

    It does what it says. The only slight problem is that it uses
    function that allows opne documents to be copied. This can conflict
    with other backup programs using the same function.

    I have no connection with the company other than as satisfied user.

    Michael

    www.cnwrecovery.com

  3. Re: carbonite.com anyone here use it?

    In article , BigJim wrote:
    > I am interested in using carbonite.com for backup, mainly because of the
    > price.
    > I was wondering if it reliable.

    What will you do if you need a vital file and your internet connection
    is down? If you will be storing private data, do you really trust them
    to keep it secure?

    --
    Roger Blake
    (Subtract 10s for email. "Google Groups" messages killfiled due to spam.)

  4. Re: carbonite.com anyone here use it?

    On May 13, 5:17*pm, Roger Blake wrote:
    > In article , BigJim wrote:
    > > I am interested in using carbonite.com for backup, mainly because of the
    > > price.
    > > I was wondering if it reliable.

    > What will you do if you need a vital file and your internet connection
    > is down? If you will be storing private data, do you really trust them
    > to keep it secure?
    >
    > --
    > * Roger Blake
    > * (Subtract 10s for email. "Google Groups" messages killfiled due to spam.)

    I think the important aspect of Carbonite, and all other internet
    storage devices is that the data is stored offsite.

    If your house burns down, or you have a burglary, offsite storage is
    essential.

    Most of your important data is also stored elsewhere and you have to
    trust such people. If I go on holiday, the airline knows my address
    - and credit card number, and when I may not be resident in my house.
    With government out sourcing, lots of non civil servants have access
    to my personal details.

    Take care, but loss of your own data is your responsibility. The only
    save method is multiple copies, in multiple places, with automatic
    regular creation. Therefore offsite should be one a multiple backup
    procedures.

    Michael

    Michael

+ Reply to Thread