Performance tuning - Storage

This is a discussion on Performance tuning - Storage ; Hi, Anybody could you please guide me the performance tuning in DAS , host is connected to linux-2.6.2 (AS) OS . In NAS, to netapp filers through same os. 1. Kernel config file 2. any parameter setting for os. etc. ...

  1. Performance tuning

    Hi,
    Anybody could you please guide me the performance tuning
    in DAS , host is connected to linux-2.6.2 (AS) OS .
    In NAS, to netapp filers through same os.

    1. Kernel config file
    2. any parameter setting for os.
    etc.
    Application is database...
    Thanks in advance.

    Regds,
    Babi

  2. Re: Performance tuning

    "babi" (tmohanta%gmail.com) wrote:
    | Hi,
    | Anybody could you please guide me the performance tuning
    | in DAS , host is connected to linux-2.6.2 (AS) OS .
    | In NAS, to netapp filers through same os.
    | 1. Kernel config file
    | 2. any parameter setting for os.
    | etc.
    | Application is database...
    | Thanks in advance.

    Performance tuning is not a thing where one-size-fits-all.

    A NetApp support contract is good to have:

    http://now.netapp.com/NOW/knowledge/...es/index.shtml

    If not, perhaps you could start with

    http://adventuresinstorage.com/

    Crispy toast is also good. :-)