Netfinity 5100 SCSI Backplane schematics - Storage

This is a discussion on Netfinity 5100 SCSI Backplane schematics - Storage ; Has any of you ever seen one, or know who at IBM to ask for one? I have salvaged one from a server with a dead motherboard, and so far I'm able to run all 6 slots in a standard ...

  1. Netfinity 5100 SCSI Backplane schematics

    Has any of you ever seen one, or know who at IBM to ask for one?
    I have salvaged one from a server with a dead motherboard,
    and so far I'm able to run all 6 slots in a standard PC, the SCSI ID's
    however are different from the ones normally available in operation on a
    standard NF5100.
    I would like to figure out how the backplane assigns ID's for the slots.
    The FRU is #00N9557.

  2. Re: Netfinity 5100 SCSI Backplane schematics

    Lars Randers wrote in news:4827309a$0$15892$edfadb0f@dtext01.news.tele.d k
    > Has any of you ever seen one, or know who at IBM to ask for one?
    > I have salvaged one from a server with a dead motherboard,
    > and so far I'm able to run all 6 slots in a standard PC,

    > the SCSI ID's however are different from the ones normally available
    > in operation on a standard NF5100.

    So you already know how it assigns them.

    > I would like to figure out how the backplane assigns ID's for the slots.

    Is there anything holding you back and do exactly that?

    > The FRU is #00N9557.

+ Reply to Thread