Industry titles - Storage

This is a discussion on Industry titles - Storage ; Does anyone know of a list of industry standard titles for storage related positions? Thanks. ~F...

  1. Industry titles

    Does anyone know of a list of industry standard titles for storage
    related positions?

    Thanks.

    ~F

  2. Re: Industry titles

    Faeandar wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a list of industry standard titles for storage
    > related positions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > ~F

    I've seen SAN Administrator.

  3. Re: Industry titles

    Titles are many, varied and usually fail to describe adequately the wide
    range of roles and responsibilities covered by those engaged in storage
    management.

    Storage Manager floats most peoples' boats, but if we're talking Oracle
    DBAs, then I insist that they address me with the necessary reverence:

    Sire, My Liege, O Great One etc ;-)

    Cheers,

    Nick,
    UK

    "Faeandar" wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a list of industry standard titles for storage
    > related positions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > ~F

  4. Re: Industry titles

    On Apr 29, 5:55 pm, Faeandar wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a list of industry standard titles for storage
    > related positions?

    God works. :-)

    Titles are for the weak. I've seen engineers, architects, and
    managers when the person isn't an engineer, an architect, nor a
    manager. I've seen administrator used. There really isn't a
    standard. My business card simply says "Information Technology".

    All that really counts is can the person do the work, and are you
    paying that person fairly? If the answer to both of those is yes,
    then it doesn't really matter what you call him/her.

    .../Ed
    RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP

  5. Re: Industry titles

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:55:25 -0700, Faeandar
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a list of industry standard titles for storage
    >related positions?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >~F

    What I'm interested in is an accepted title list that is used by HR
    types. In most industries there is a list of titles that fit a
    particular type of work, but IT seems to be pretty haphazard and
    storage even more so.

    For instance, Information Architect has a very targetted description
    (iainstitute.org). If I just looked at the title it might seem
    appropriate, but then looking at the site I find it's not.

    So rather than hunting all over creation to track down individual
    descriptions like that I was hoping for an HR-like list.

    Maybe there isn't one yet....

    ~F

+ Reply to Thread